Make Barbarian Great for Patch 2.6

smite exists…
its how lvl 6 pally can kill dclone ffs

2 Likes

Ok but they need to do somthing with Poison Dagger, Vengeance, Exploding Arrow, Cold Arrow, Fire Arrow, Immolition Arrow, Druid SS could use more utility such as casting teleport while transformed.

Also, remove always hit from Impale. This skill is toxic vs players.

There is still the monster level to contend with in the hit chance equation:

You could have all the AR in the world or ignore defense but if the monster is higher level you still can’t land hits. Try Nihlathak in Normal as a melee in a normal playthrough :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Terror zones only exacerbate the problem.

Chance to hit is capped to no lower than 5% or higher than 95%. Whereas spells have 100% hit chance. Please don’t bring up caster need for aim because bow and throw have the same issues with AR as melee builds.

The system is completely broken in favor of caster builds. And we haven’t even addressed blocking…

1 Like

They need this

• Whirlwind - will now proc “on hit effects” and don’t apply diminishing returns to weapon IAS (only other equipment). This places more importance to weapon IAS, harkens back to old mechanics. Overall goal is to make 2H weapons viable
1 Like

taking my barb’s bsrk as example against a non TZ CS doom knight
without ITD:

2*(3450/[3450+1898])*(91/[91+85]) = 66%

with ITD:

2*(3450/[3450+0])*(91/[91+85]) = 103% = 95%

against a TZ doom knight with ITD

2*(3450/[3450+1898])*(91/[91+93]) = 98% = 95%

against a TZ unique doom knight with ITD

2*(3450/[3450+0])*(91/[91+96]) = 97% = 95%

on the other hand

doomknight chance to block = 24%

but i need to be fair, there are very few monsters that can block besides actbosses and their variants

maybe a good option is to add +min/max dmg to melee skills along with the current %ED

I was hoping to see the mastery’s with a small damage boost. Like it should add like 7% damage per level instead of 5%. Do the same for Concentrate but it should add 6% damage per level instead of 5%. I think a small damage boost would be the key to make the barbarian more viable. As for Berserk I don’t think it should always hit. Give it a bigger ar boost if you have to. Or just leave it as it is.

2 Likes

The most difficult fight I had was Normal Nihlathak on a level 19 barb. Nihlathak doesn’t even block but is level 68🤣

Literally took 4 fireballs on level 19 sorc with leaf equipped…

woa woa woa

nihla with a lvl19 barb?

bro, lvl 19 im running act 2 at MOST

1 Like

Agreed, weapon masteries need a buff to damage, especially for 2H-weapons.

1 Like

Was done solo in offline mode to access white and socket bases off A5 vendors. Also have all the quests and wps in the process.

For another example, Hell Baal your Barb at level 80:

2*(3450/[3450+2847])*(80/[80+99]) = 46%

Block = 55% = 20.8% chance for hit to land with damage

2*(3450/[3450+0])*(80/[80+99]) = 89%

Block = 55% = 40% chance for hit to land with damage

Now compare that with any level 80 caster… Baal has 50 resistance across the board (besides magic), including physical.

3 Likes

its a sad reality

melee needs help asap

2 Likes

No, Impale needs more.

It needs either

• To proc damage modifiers deadly strike, etc.
  • To recieve 1.5x damage increase
  • To be a fair amount faster.

What needs to happen in pvp, however, is that the damage penalty needs to increase from .17? % to .025% so duels last longer than 1-3 hits.

There are only a handful of weapons that have ITD, the useful ones are high rune runewords which means most melee occupy the first example until they stumble across a Lo or something that requires a Jah. Crescent Moon is pretty worthless in Hell as are the handful of ITD uniques such as Hexfire, Heart Carver, etc…

Basically every skill in game that isn’t a spell… :rofl:

Hell, even the pally holy auras are woefully pitiful in melee. Even with max Zeal.

a Lo is not that expensive/hard to find
1k trav runs or 1 week of key farming and you re done

again, beating AR is not the best way to make melee better

Can be 99 in a week… :rofl:

Can have dual spirit at level 54 (25 for pallies).

Never said it was. Damage is garbage until end game gear. The hit chance formula compounds the effects of poor gear scaling.

nah…no lifers are not a good parameter

2h a day and the casual is done

so i dont know why we re still discussing this

i agree
one of my suggestions to buff melee is to buff melee magic affixes on charms, this includes max dmg and AR
maybe tripling the dmg affixes and doubling the AR ones
as i said, this is just one of my ideas and ofc it would not fix the problem of melee alone

Inventory space is already a travesty. Weapon need a full rework. 1.10 dramatically increased monster HP and resistance but nothing from synergies combat the effects like it does on caster side as physical damage is still directly related to weapon damage.

3 Likes

thats why increasing its efficiency is a good call

this is very true
a buff for quality modifiers on bases
maybe a clean up on the affix pool for magic/rares
unique weapons need a complete rework too

agreed
leave the main skill with AR ED and maybe change the % on synergies to +dmg
sure some math would need to be done

2 Likes

I’m just tired of not being able to play my favourite classes altogether from the getgo. Like, why the f am I forced to play something with low gear requirement that I dislike in order to play something I like for a second or third playthrough. Makes zero sense.
They have all the tools they need to make melee viable yet nothing happens. F this

5 Likes

Yes please. A buff to barbarian is long overdue.

2 Likes