Major FPS Lag - ACT 3 - Xbox Series S (Performance mode) - UPDATE

I am playing in “Performance mode” on the XBOX Series S and in Act 3 Normal there is major lag with the frame rates in all areas of the 3 jungle maps (Spider Forest, Great Marsh and Flayer Jungle).

The frame lag is that bad its even worse than the standard 30 fps in Quality mode in the same area…

The low frame rate lag still does occur in LK but it comes and goes (it is more ‘bearable’)…

• I am playing offline in single player
  • I have gone back into the console settings and adjusted resolution from 4k UHD down to 1080p AND 720p - rebooted console, restarted D2R - still same issues occur.
  • I am not even wearing stealth or any move speed boots…
  • I was concerned that perhaps the console was running hot so I tried to reset / let it cool down but still occurs in these 3 maps.
  • as soon as I step into a dungeon - (Flayer Dungeon / Arach lair) and it goes back to perfectly fine.
  • So far everywhere else has been perfect at 60fps with no frame drops.

UPDATE: the same issue also occurs in the following areas:

• Lower Kurast
  • Kurast Bizzare
  • Upper Kurast
  • Act 5 - Harrogath

I have tried every other map / dungeon in the game and everywhere else runs perfectly smooth at 60FPS give or take. It only seems to be bad in the outdoor areas of Act 3 and just Harrogath for some particular reason…

Thanks.

hi, bit late, but remembered this post since i looked this up myself back then

had the same problems until i got a new Monitor which supports AMD FreeSync

activating FreeSync stopped the heavy act 3 stuttering entirely. there are only some acceptable framesrops at Kurast Basar but otherwise totally fine now. same on act 5.

it was barely playable before.