Character: Jasnah
Platform: PC Windows 10

Itā€™s been 24hrs

Osul#11743
Galactica
Us
12hrs no play time

Bnet: XpErienced#1826
Character: TrapHouse, Pusha, Mfer (basically all my Hardcore characters)
Server: Americas
Platform: PC Windows 10

Iā€™m getting the ā€œyour character is already in a game errorā€. Iā€™d like to note that I I can create, play, and join games with my softcore characters. However I cannot play, join, and create a game with any Hardcore character new or current

BATTLETAG Kaotickillr#1427
character: KaoticMFER
server: na
Platform pc
stuck for 5hours
says im in a server already

Same problem for me on EU Servers.
Tag: FunAtGaming#2406
Character: FunAtGrinding
Platform: PC

Been stuck for about 4.5 hours here on Pc, i left a game game crashed with an error and cant join/create games ever since. This happened around 18:30 CET and time now is 23:00.
Unlock my account manually if possible
Kotsoc#2909
Europe
Pc

p.s forgot to mention the 3 rollbacks since yesterday, the last one cost me 2 lvls and who knows what drops (44 to 42)

Same here, please unstuck us

same as everybody else

aTo#21694
Europe
Char: aTo

Seeing as some people were locked out for 12+ hours already, it could be worse. Iā€™m at about 3.5 hours locked out.
From what I recall, I did normal Cows > Act 5 Shenk > Pindle, then left game. I did kill the Cow King for the first time as I wanted to test out what I heard (can still make portal after killing king). Left that game by where pindle spawns. I think my Merc was running one of the skeletons that got up outside that area. Then tried to make a new game and got black-screened. Alt+F4ed, then got the ā€œcharacter already in a gameā€.
I vaguely recalled something from back in the D2 days with that, where you just need to wait 10-15 mins for the game to drop you due to inactivity.

After 45 mins or so, still had the issue. So decided might as well work on an alt (smiter) while I waited. It had the same issue even though I had never signed into that character at all.
Saw the posts from the beta saying to make a new char to fix it, but no luck there. IF I made a char on HC or offline, I could sign into them fine, but no luck on SC.
Also tried different regions, no luck there either.

Even if my main character was ā€œlockedā€, I have starter gear (sigons and such) in my shared stash, so it would be fine if it was just ā€œplay a different character until the main char gets fixed.ā€

I work in Customer Service for a software company, so I definitely understand the ā€œwe in customer service canā€™t do anything but waitā€, but I didnā€™t hear about this issue on the launcher or twitter, so I had no idea what was going on until a buddy found the ā€œ9.24 updateā€ post. That to me seemed like patch notes for an update, so I wasnā€™t expecting it to list out known issues. Surprised that it has been going on for over 12+ hours with no form of work-around or resolution. Hopefully the developers are held responsible for that, and not you guys in the Customer Service area stuck in the middle and helpless.

1 Like

Bnet: Duckness#1849
Character: Niele
Server: America
Platform: PC

blueraven#2797
all chars stuck for hoursā€¦
EU

Going on 18 hours of this??? Since 11pm EST last night Iā€™ve been getting this errorā€¦ R u flippin serious blizz?!

Khaelos#1753
PC platform - US/EU (was playing on EU when it got bugged bc US servers were down)
Softcore
Character- Dahlia

Locked out since 5 hours, Iā€™m the only one in a 6 person LAN party who cannot play. Very sad :frowning:

Same here - cannot log in:

Tag: Reyess#11118
Character: Reyess
Server: US
Platform: PC WIN10

yes they were fixed in real time!

mietekw1#2169
EU
char: mercyyy

but cant play any other than that also :frowning:

Wasted a day off from work being unable to play since around 11am. this is ridiculous.

Main character is stuck as in game and any new character I cant even make or join games, jsut fails.

As requested, posting here so you can ā€œgauge the impactā€. Pretty sure its most peopleā€¦

TrueGamer#1640
PC

Iā€™ve been locked out of playing for hours, my character has regressed levels, and even then it still wont let me log in saying that Iā€™m already logged into a game.

Iā€™ve tried alternate characters, making new ones, using offline mode, everything to try and fix this issue.
I have over 6 and all of them are being flagged with this message. I have been able to log in using a different battle.net account on the same computer.

Bnet tag: INawatl#1890
Character: HamtotheWhamCam
Long blizzard customer for over 20 years

Very disheartened and saddened that I cant play with my family while theyā€™re all questing

EDIT: I am now in!

1 Like