[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

lol feels like a deja vu when i read your comment, i got exactly the same issuee like many other, i woke up right now and still this issuee is there

2 Likes

its a disgrace they are getting away with this. Now we know why they wouldnt launch ladder from the start. The simply knew they would have bugs and didnt care to test properly to fix them :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is insane, I literally went to sleep not being able to join a game and I wake up, and still cannot join a game. It has been 8.5 hours.

You have a release for a new game, and you do not have around the clock support for it? What a joke, I want my fricken money back

4 Likes

It wonā€™t even let you delete it if you try. It will just tell you that your character is locked. There is truly no escape from being stuck :slight_smile:

1 Like

This needs to be adressed and fast!

2 Likes

more and more players getting this problem, for some players its already over many hours. They need to reset the servers and going maintenance and fix it before going live again. If they restarting the server only, this issuee will happen again. Its a bug which need to be fixed asap.

So many ppl dont care because they can play no problem at all.

On the other side there are the people that got smacked in the face by this annoying bug and are frustrated like hellā€¦

My character has been stuck in a game for over 12 hours, letā€™s f gooooooooo

2 Likes

man u beat my timing i am over 7 hours, we need a leaderboard who stucks longer with this bug, i hope i get atleast rank2 with my 7 hours and continues to get moreā€¦lol sorry we all need some sarcasm right now

Yes. 6h waiting and still canā€™t play.

Hey everyone I think I found a way around this problem as I was having the same issue.

What I did was change region from the battle.net launcher and then started the game. It allowed me to create a game with my character no problems. Whenever I get the problem again just change the region again. Hopefully this helps.

Tried this earlier but still getting same error, tried it now again and still the same error so not a fix sadly.

1 Like

this does not fix the bug when it says : ā€œalready in a gameā€

there are multiple failed to join bugs, yours prolly only works when a region server is having some time out problemsā€¦

Same problem here, itā€™s been several hours now and still unable to create/join any games with any charactersā€¦ very frustrating

My character has been stuck since yesterday, have not heard any updates on fixes.

Darn sorry guys. I was hoping to help you all as not being able to play is super annoying. Hope they fix everything soon.

1 Like

Been stuck like this since about 5pm PST on Sept 23. Almost 14 hours now. Extremely disappointing. Really wish there was better support. Beyond infuriating watching streamers play at this point.

1 Like

Same, canā€™t play either. If I create an unconditional character I can enter games just fineā€¦ But I want to play normally. All my friends are playing but me.

1 Like

Same here, character has been stuck for over 20 hours nowā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having this issue since 7PM EST YESTERDAY! Over 15 hours now my character has been saying ā€œalready in a game on this serverā€ and I canā€™t make a new SOFTCORE character or CLASSIC character on any server/region. It just gives message ā€œfailed to join gameā€ the first time I try, then I get a black screen that never goes away. Even left it running overnight trying to log into a game, nothing.

However I can play HARDCORE charactersā€¦ WTF!!!

2 Likes