Lost Items When Retrieving Corpse

I had multiple corpses on the ground in Uber Tristram from dying. I tried to recover my corpses multiple times but was unable to get them. It is possible that I had accidentally picked up some item from the ground when trying to retrieve my corpse When I rejoined the game and picked up my corpse from town, most of my equipped items were gone. I lost many high value items including: Grief phase blade, Fortitude archon plate, Herald of Zakarum, among others. I would like to have my items restored. This is not acceptable for a non hardcore character. This happened around 11:15pm EST on US server.

As Blizzard has stated several if not numerous times, there is no restoration much less for user error.

Blizzard can do whatever they want. I really don’t expect them to do anything. I’m just letting them know that I think it is garbage game design. Do you really think it is good game design that you can die many times over and over and still get all of your items back, but if you accidentally pick up a piece of garbage item while getting your corpse, die and rejoin, you end up losing all of your original items? Is that a good way to “punish the player for dying”? They even have a hardcore mode for people who want that kind of punishment. Its clearly a bug that they put an awful little band-aid over because they didn’t want to solve the problem of multiple corpses in a reasonable way. But thats just like, my opinion, man.

Since you said “most” of your items were gone, it means you picked up some gear and when you died again, it became the most recent non-empty corpse which over-writes your old corpse. This has been a constant in D2 forever and something that cannot be easily “fixed” because the game does not know which body should be your real body. In this case corpse 1 and corpse 2 both have items. The only option would be to code out a solution to save ALL non-empty bodies, but this has never been an option for D2, and likely will never be one in D2R.

Sad but fact, they did not change this part of the game, so if you die, you should quit out just for the sake of safety.

Sorry for your loss.
I lost all of my stuff cause of a bug on blizzards side.
They won’t take any kind of responsibility.