Login queue explaination: a hoax

Hey, I don’t disagree with you about the silliness we have to go through to truly play offline.
We shouldn’t have to do that. I’ve been saying that since September 23rd.
But I wanted to play offline, so I found a way to make it happen, without the online headaches.
I understand how you feel about having to use a work-around, which is cool. I get it.

But all I was doing, and my only intent with my initial post, was to share the ways that I’ve found. Nothing more.

My beef is about a change they made as part of the DRM scheme. In the original we could play LAN without the need for BNet. They stripped that feature out under the claim that it was more secure and more stable… Haven’t seen that promise get fulfilled. It’s ridiculous that I can’t play on my local network with my children because we can’t get enough precious, seemingly rare slots on a BNet server that we frankly do not need. All so they can stop character mods? Really? They want to do it this way, then they need to provide the capacity to handle it. I feel like the $200 dollars we spent (five seats purchased) was a total waste if all I can play is single player. As too all the comments about who played for how long. We’ve been playing Diablo since the original came out. With the addition of Hellfire we had LAN ability. We acquired D2 when it released as well as the LOD add-on. We played every day several years. We built incredibly powerful characters, and yes, we made minor mods in the sense that we reset the quests so we could play through multiple times. It cost Blizzard nothing for us to play and they suffered no harm from our quest resets… But for some selfish reason they took offense, so now here we are with a crippled version of the game. I’m totally stunned by anyone who thinks this remake has somehow made it better. At the very least, I doubt you have played the game when it was truly rated number one or you would understand our frustration with the current situation. I don’t want to play off-line, but IU also don’t want to stand in line to get on an overcrowded server. didn’t have to before and there isn’t any justifiable reason to do so now.

Definition of the word Hoax.
: to trick into believing or accepting as genuine something false and often preposterous. :face_with_monocle: