Loading delays are unacceptable

For example, can’t fight Uber Mephisto, will be dead already by the time Uber Tristram screen loads.

This kind of defect is a critical severity and should be highest priority. The fact that this performance problem exists shows how poorly this game is developed.

You wanted the original game and here it is in all its loading glory…thats not a problem thats the EXPERIENCE of diablo 2 we all loved. WELCOME BACK!

The original loads quickly. The delays in D2R can easily be mitigated but no, we have this unpolished and embarrassing level of coding.

Thats because your computer could manage a 20 year old game…there are LITERALLY 200 odd posts in the old diablo 2 forums about this EXACT problem… throw d2 on a SS drive and your problem is fixed.

I have a Solid-State drive and I still experience long load time between waypoints and acts. So, what they are saying is the character loads, before you even see it, even while entering teleport. This is why I refuse to play hardcore with D2R

Online or Offline Mode

yet I am so many others don’t… its like Blizzard is specifically picking on you… hmm which is more likely to be true…
1.) you are using a potato and blaming long load times on Blizzard.
2.) Blizzard has started a personal war on you and is intentionally making your SSD not work like everyone elses.

I had a bug with my assassin, I don’t know why any other char is ok but the assassin had a huge loading time when I get back to town (only when I got back in town curiously)
I’m on ssd windows d2r 64bits pro ryzen 3100 16go ddr4 runing high frequency

Awsome when are you upgrading to a modern system?

My english is poor, are you kidding me? :smiley:
Ryzen 3 3100 is not old technology its 4 core 8 threads, im on gtx 1650 super
Pretty decent actually I can run quake champions with 260 fps

Quake Champions is a first-person arena shooter developed by id Software and published by Bethesda Softworks that was released on August 22, 2017.

yes you should be able to run a 5 year old game on your system… I asked when you intended to update to something modern like an I9?

I’m curious, if this problem occur on console with their substandard hardware. Either way, this is clearly a problem Blizzard needs to address, regardless of these idiot trolls posting in this thread telling players to upgrade their pcs.

What are you talking about? Was this a troll comment

your posting like this is an issue for ALL other players… WE ARNT having this problem with modern PC’s… the game insta loads and we are in… You are CLEARLY trolling the community.

You are full of $hit and are posting on every comment, of course there is a load time problem. You’re not talking to someone new to computers either. I know what my computer can do, what it can play. And NO! I’m not the only one experiencing load time problems.

I’m just looking for an answer, so I can fix the problem. Reinstall, More Ram. Or is whatever the case might be. – Neither one is the answer, “Troll”

3 Likes

People, let’s not forget that this is the Bug Report Forum and not the General Discussion Forum.

Blizzard’s QA Team will read this thread, investigate it and report what they find to the Developers.

Please Don't Feed the Trolls!

May I ask you if you intended to upgrade your brain, because diablo runing use only 11% of that cpu.
And I told you it was only on 1 char, the assassin, all the other chars are working fine. So please tell me how can you do the link with the ryzen 3 3100

No idea what you where saying here dude.

Here’s a bug for you related to load times: framerate caps massively hinder load times. If I uncap my fps, it takes around 5 seconds to load into Harrogath. If I cap to 60, it takes around 9 seconds to load in. If I cap to 30 fps, then it takes a whopping 16 seconds to load in. This is 100% reproducible for me and others have posted videos about it in the past. My game is installed on a SSD.

yes thanks. I have also uncapped and installed on ssd. Loading delays still persists.

Negative. Have D2R on 5GB/sec Nvme. Still think loading screen is somewhat hard on your CPU and not much on Drive speed, but thats not topic here. How to get REALLY long loading screen? Easy to replicate:

1.) Make A Trap Assassin, choose Lighning Sentry
2.) Go to some high level area with lots of mobs which your traps cant kill oneshot
3.) set up 4 or 5 of your lightning traps so they start fighting the monsters
4.) make town portal and enter it.
5.) enjoy a 20 to 30 second loading screen (you will be back in town when your traps finished fighting or run out of bullets)

So dont blame the player, blame the game.

This.