Lightning vs Blizz Still can't decide

I’ve tried using the same MF gear mixed with decent damage gear. I’ve tried mixing it up a little to go more damage too (more so for blizz since I can’t afford griffons yet). I just can’t tell which build gives me faster clearing or more farming possibilites.

For the most part I’m using: Shako, Tals armor + belt + ammy, Occy, chance guards, War travs, and FCR/Nagel rings. I also have a torch and anni, but no GCs for either build. For swap outs I’ve tried eschuta’s, hoto, vipermagi, enigma, deaths fathom, nightwings, arachnid mesh, blizz ormus robes, and mara’s.

My merc is using andys, fort, and infinity.

IDK if grffons is good enough to make the difference or not, but I guess I’ll never know unless I happen to find one.

Just looking for any thoughts/suggestions.

Edit: Should also mention, I don’t have a preference on play style. Just trying to max out my farming options.

Is this SP or online?

If you can reach 117 FCR, no sorc build approaches the killing speed of a Lightning Sorceress with Crescent Moon.

You lose utility though.

It really makes a difference against monsters with broken immunities or even non-immune monsters that rolled Spectral Hit, Magic Resistant or Lightning Enchanted.

The general consensus seems to be that on p1 it doesn’t matter THAT much and people mostly use HotO and once you have Infinity, the Lightning is a step up.

You have infinity. Go lightning. Use crescent moon instead of occy, supplement with a couple of +fcr rings. If you can get griffon even better.

2 Likes

My favorite to play is fireball for endgame farming. Just seems more fun, so much action. Blizz and lite have slower casting so it’s not as fun for me. But Blizz and Lite can both be killers. I think I prefer lite especially with your gear

I have a level 93 Blizzorc and got there with cheap easy to get gear: Spirit, Occy, perfect Um’s Viper, Lore, Snow clash, Trang gloves and Aldur boots, Mara, BK and Ravenfrost mostly for cold absorb and Sunder charm. I have no cold skillers. I bought a Shako for the life, mana and mf but Lore is good enough.

Today I found a 5/5 Light facet and a few days ago found a light skiller with life so I just started a Lightning Sorc hoping I’ll find a griffon or runes for an Infinity. I am almost there with the runes except for 2 Bers. I’ll go with the Crescent Moon but how to get FCR to 117 without the Griffon? The light build is very gear dependent vs the easy Cold Sorc.

I was a Blizz/Frozen Orb sorc until reaching L93. I have then respect into Lightning and my god, what a difference. I am using infinity with my Merc along with andies and Fortitude, and am sundered with -70 to Light. I first started with Cresent Moon, but then found a 6OS war staff with +3 to Lightning and I am now going with Obsession, which again really improves this build. The only problem with obsession is that it is very difficult finding a 6 OS staff with the right stats as that is why players do not use it, but if you can get your hands on one, it is well worth it , especially with the defensive stats it has on top of the +4 to skills and +3 to Lightning. My light damage is at 45K (unbuffed) and literally just decimates EVERYTHING!

Actually when going lightning sorc low str infinity is best weapon. Even a bad -light res.