Let's Fix Stamina for Future Ladders

Hi all, while many players have been pre-occupied with attempting to balance the use of Teleport for both sorcs and on Engima, I believe a more pressing balance issue should be addressed first: Stamina.

On 2.4, it’s far too easy to build out a character’s stamina to the point of being irrelevant. As most D2 players value choice, such as individually allocating stat and skill points to maximize build freedom and variety, I believe it’s time to revamp this forgotten stat.

Changes:

-If below 50% stamina, players take 25/50/100% more damage from all sources based on difficulty
-If stamina is fully drained, players will become “exhausted” and locked in place for 2/4/10 seconds based on difficulty
-Higher walk speeds consume more stamina
-All melee damage now subtracts from stamina, making it act as an additional critical bar to be monitored.

These changes will help maximize build variety, player freedom, and make second-to-second gameplay far more engaging.

No. 17 characterssss

ROFL
:rofl:

OH GOD IM CRYING…

you can’t be serious?

lets buff all the casters and nerf melee because melee spead speed is clearly too op XD… and dont forget tele donest use stamina

1 Like

I am extremely serious. Blizzard North wouldn’t have dedicated a bespoke UI element just to have players neglect it; that seems illogical.

Perhaps casting spells and attacking could also subtract stamina.

your idea is so stupid, to accurately describe it would require words that would get me immediately permabanned from bnet. immediately, every character not a sorceress would be deleted unless the player had an enigma for each non-sorc character. nobody would make new melee characters until they farmed or traded up for a jah and a ber for every new character they rolled.

think it through. your changes would be a death sentence to any character without teleport.

I see it the other way around

Make stamina buff attack builds

Tldr:

• Remaining Stamina is now a vector of “increased physical damage”

• vitality no longer buffs stamina

• str and dexterity now grant stamina

• vitality and energy instead grants potion effectiveness to their respective ones

That way you give a purpose to stamina, remove Vitality stat sink and buff melee

This is amazing and I’m in this camp. It would just be so cool to have something else to focus on in terms of builds.

1 Like

No thanks. Stamina is fine as is.

1 Like

We clearly need to nerf pala vigor aura as it’s clearly OP and unfair to low stamina sorcs.

This could be true. One of the primary issues this ladder season is that stamina potion are effectively worthless because most players have rolled hammerdins, and therefore don’t need to purchase stamina potions.

In future patches, it might make more sense for Vigor to act more as Prayer, slowly but steadily restoring stamina, perhaps 4 stam per tick at 20 Vigor.

David brevik has even said if he could go back he would remove stamina. It only henders a new build at the start. Does nothing else.

If any changes to this are made. It should just be removed.

SpecltyDrone,
Something has to be done with stamina and teleport.
But your ideas are so wrong otherwise !

Removing stamina is not an easy fix. You would have to deal with the increased stamina skill, monster abilities, and itemization, as many items carry mods to stamina.

Oh I know it’s not as simple as just removing it. Just passing along what an OG dev said he would do.

I say it, because I don’t think some people actually realize how much work would have to go into removing it.

2 Likes

100% agree with this.

1 Like

stamina resist gear would be pretty cool
vigor would need to be re-balanced though

Well every single lead designer from Blizzard North has already admitted the stamina bar dynamic was the biggest mistake and if they could, they would eliminate it.

So…

All they have to do is set the default stamina bar to 400 or something. Literally PD2 already figured this out.

Either you are trolling, or you have… some issues lol.