Legacy graphics unplayable

Dear Blizzard, your new version of this game has a very high-end requirement for the computer that is running it. I have no intention of upgrading my system. I think you should reward those in your community who have managed to cordon off there gaming usage into manageable discrete segments of their week. This current version would require a complete restructuring of something that is stable and does not need to be changed. The new version of your game offers legacy graphics. This is a solution to the problem; however, its current apparent use is only to contrast how great the new graphic quality is over the old. This is clearly for anyone who plays the real diablo 2 not the true graphic quality available to those who play the real game. The legacy graphics should be improved to a state where they are playable as the diablo 2 obviously is playable since it has lasted since 1999. In its current state this game has no use to me, and I will continue to play the original. I could care less if you fix this as I get more enjoyment out of cutting my grass than playing this game. It is nice to check in on now and then and I don’t need high end graphical content for the unique social aspects this game can offer.

If you want to play with legaxy graphics, play OG D2, not only it is more stable but theres mods to play it fullscreen and increase resolution.

1 Like

I do play OG D2 and will continue to play this game. For me playing this game sometimes is just the act of logging in. I will literally log in and then close the game and that’s it for the day or week or month. I may sit and linger in duel room for a hour or so. I may gold find some travanical to pay for the repairs of my duels or simply for the cost of the mana required to pool at akara. Regardless I would like to do this in a more populated game, and they hold the key that will make this a reality.
BR,

Am I understanding you correctly when I say you want the new game to run on the old system requirements?

I mean surely you do realize that when you hit the G button to switch to the old style of graphics, that the game doesn’t actually fundamentally change. You just aren’t displaying the new graphics, all the new systems needed are still there… I mean you have to realize that, right?

I do realize that they just look far worse than the actual graphics they are representing. I did manage to find a combination of settings that allows me to use the newer graphics despite my mini pc setup. I do not put much effort into this game, or any game and I want that to stay that way. I literally just endured existing in a game for over 5 minutes, and I am exhausted. Back to the more important things in life like, looking out the window at my freshly striped lawn that is free of leaves. I also may take a gander at my recently cleaned gutters or the finely crafted barrel of mums that is a front my house.

I’m unsure at this point if you’re being sincere or if you’re trolling. It seems like a blend, but I’m going to side with trolling as of this point. You’re free to change my stance, but currently I cannot offer anything to this thread, aside from…

Sorry to hear that but thems the breaks. Upgrade, or get left behind. I can say with one hundred percent certainty that they’re not going to redesign the game to separate the D2LOD from D2R so that they’re individual game clients or modes.

Yes, I did find some useful settings that have made the game more playable, and yes as playable as it was my tolerance for it was maxed out after 5 minutes. This is as a vaccine to gaming which allows me to be stayed focused on more important things. If I was to indulge in the latest hardware and games that have been optimized with the latest most entrancing content I would most certainly lose my relevance as a relatively productive human in society.