Large black squares in game

As per topic, black squares coming up in game. Happens in multiple acts, both in normal and nightmare. haven’t made it to hell yet but can expect it’ll be there too.
PC is a 6 month old thinkpad laptop with only basic specs. 16gig of ram, onboard iris gfx.
Occurred on Windows 10 but upgraded to win 11 and is occurring there too. gfx settings have been set to lower values so as to go easy on the onboard gfx but it’s made no difference, still occurs.
pic here: https://i.imgur.com/RdAK3Hs.png

Did you update the graphics drivers? Unfortunately, integrated GPUs aren’t supported, so don’t look for them to help.

No I didn’t update the graphics drivers but there are no newer drivers available
Others with dedicated cards are having the same problems:

I have this bug appear consistently. It could be specific to Intel graphics, however this is very specifically happening in certain locations, eg: ACT2 Lost City, ACT4 most of the hostile areas, ACT5 mostly the Worldstone Keep levels.

It looks like something to do with how the tiles load in-out at these specific areas, rather than some rendering artifact.

Considering everything else in D2R renders properly on Intel APUs ( altho at less performance ) I do not see why strike out so many players because of a few graphics bugs so easy to trace down and fix. If Blizzard managers look at the market share of Intel Graphics (Laptops), should be easy to budget in a fix.

Once upgraded to high speed RAMs (16GB or more) the game is playable in 720p with lower quality settings ( game still looking great to me).

I have the same problem with my new Microsoft Surface Pro 8 and 16 GB of memory, along with improved graphics. In particular, the problem seems to occur in act 2 where there is a stone border immediately above or below my character, but not to the left or right. The black squares usually flash upon character movement. It’s very annoying.