Ladder exclusives are toxic

Keep posting Zax. With each one, you are only proving my point stronger.

Thank you by the way for all you do on these forums.

Actualy with every post i prove that you dont know what you talk about. But ok, i dont see a point to post in this topic anymore as you deny reality so have fun with your nonladder player base in 6 games and milions of private games where all nonladder population is hiding :laughing:

1 Like

as i said
a would have no problem if the best areas would be ladder only as long the “not so good” would be available for NL

stop trying to push your narrative against reality just bc you have no argument

a ladder exclusive mechanic NEVER EXISTED

What do you mean by it? Some stuff was always ladder exclusive.

Its kind of is game mechanic as its under special setting in files where you have this ladder or nonladder setting under many things.

as i said

no mechanic were exclusive to ladder, only part of some
were all RWs exclusive to ladder? recipes? Uniques?

making TZs completely exclusive to ladder is a new precedent

its a column where somethings are 1 others 0 or nothing but the file it self is not for ladder only

Ladder exclusives are toxic

I wish people would stop using an MSDS term for mechanics and design choices that don’t placate their wishes. I’m not a huge ladder fan because I don’t like starting over, but you need some sort of incentive for people to do so. This incentive is even more necessary within the reality of racing “bots” and people who illegally share their account to reach 99 first.

People are greedy.

ladder it self is the incentive according to patch 1.10

agreed, they wanna keep everything for themselves

I understand you point, yes not all rws as whole were ladder exclusive, same for recipes or uniques.

But your definition of game mechanic is weird to me. Setting if one unique can drop more times or not is also matter of one column, 0 or 1. Would you not call it game mechanic in game?

I mean why is it so important that it has to be all runewords or nothing? I see it as game mechanic which decide which runewords or uniques can drop on ladder or nonladder. This is thing of past but you know what i mean.

Dont worry, i am sure you will soon get many ladder exclusive runewords for free from these “greedy people”… :laughing:

1 Like

i would call “unique items” a mechanic and the limitation of 1 per game a specificity of this mechanic
a rule within a general rule

i dont like it but im fine with the model “rws will be available for craft in NL once ladder finishes”

my problem is making every single TZ ladder only

???

Also,are you sure that pandemonium event wasnt actualy ladder exclusive only when it was introduced? It wasnt on single player and i think it was only on ladder. So here you go, ladder only exclusive game mechanic not working anywhere else.

1 Like

wait wait wait… I was pretty sure ladder only runewords were a ladder only mechanic. Isn’t that why this thread exists in the first place? Or am I missing something?

And yes, I would file how a runeword functions in gameplay under gameplay “mechanic”.

As far as I remember yes

Nah hes trying to split hair saying that runeword is the mechanic, so having restricted runewords but still being able to do the other runewords is not a restricted mechanic lol

It obviously is

Cube recipes
Uniques
Upgrades
Runewords
Pandemonium event*

are all historical ladder exclusive content

Also increased monsters difficulty is also ladder exclusive game mechanic no?

no, uber tristram and uber diablo were bnet only, this includes ladder and NL

you missing alot
refer to my previous posts

no, it has always been available for offline mode and maybe lan/tcpip, but im not sure about this one

exclusive
the word i used was “exclusive”, not restricted, it has always been restricted
and i have no problem with restrictions

I dont think it really matter if it was restricted or exclusive, the reality some things were on ladder and not on non ladder.

For ages.

1 Like

but not a whole mechanic

Players on ladder play harder game and ots short term season so ladder only stuff is form or reward so more people play it.

Dude

restricted or limited to the person, group, or area concerned.

Exclusive is a restriction lol