Ladder exclusives are toxic

For some it is. For some it’s not enough, but item rewards are.
I don’t need more than a fresh leaderboard, but I know that ladder is more populated if there are additional rewards.

The biggest difference is items/chars. If you start a playthrough in NL or midladder, you probably will have people using preexisting gold/runes/gems instead of using what has been found. You don’t have the option on a new ladder start. Same goes for waypoints etc. You will also find more people to do xp runs in ladder than in NL. It feels different and many people won’t try because they don’t know this.

You see it in all the other games too. People play the new season and leave for the next game. Then they come back for the new season. If it’s the same as non season, people start skipping seasons until they don’t come back anymore. That’s why I like the “new” system with adding something small to ladder before it is available to nonladder.

Rune cubing says hello.

1 Like

im not saying they cant
im questioning why it has to be exclusive content? or even worst, exclusive mechanics?
why cant we learn with d3 mistakes?

the problem is with 2.5 ptr presentation
there is no mentioning to TZs being ladder only
only pez and his bad wording

you fail to understand again
RWs is a whole mechanic, part of this mechanic was LD only but never the whole mechanic
Cube recipe is a whole mechanic, part of this mechanic was LD only but never the whole mechanic
Uniques system is a whole mechanic, part of this mechanic was LD only but never the whole mechanic
TZs system is a whole new mechanic, the whole mechanic is, until they say the oposite, totally confined inside ladder
This has never happened before, its a whole new lvl of exclusivity

i hope its clear now

entitlement

placebo, nothing more than that
if people play bc of exclusive content it just means that ladder it self is a big fail of a system

many against ssf mode argue that people can already emulate it
the same aplies here, just dont use any pre-farmed item
so, very little difference still betwen LD and NL

only dol+ was LD only
rune upgrading mechanic wasnt completely exclusive to LD

pretty sure you dont know what that word means

so tournaments are a big fail because you get exclusive rewards if you participate and win? Strange logic buddy. Think again.

1 Like

why is that worse? they want the new shiny thing whether its items or in this case zones to be in ladder to give the new ladder a fresh feel and not have people in NL playing the new zone from day 1 with maxed chars in top gear. im questioning why you are opposed to exclusive content in ladder when that has ALWAYS been the design. you are so hung up on this entire mechanic vs partial mechanic etc… its something new in ladder first which is very consistent and would surprise no one that has been playing for years

sry, i was not clear enough
i meant that ladder it self is a placebo, that the stimuli of ladder are not enough to get the player to participate, that it needs exclusive content

the tournament in ladder, aka ladder boards, rewards the player with a placement in it

exclusive content is not part of the reward for ladder

bc it wasnt like that back in d2

there is mention to TZs to be ladder only in 2.5 ptr presentation
it was sold as one thing and now they change it

i already explained
back in d2

• NL hadsome but not all RWs available
  • NL had some but not all cube recipes available
  • NL had some but not all uniques available

will NL have some but not all TZs available? No, all TZs are exclusive to ladder

You must be the Karen type that goes into a car dealership with your 1998 Mercedes and demand the same new features from a 2022 or else they are gatekeeping you…

1 Like

i dont know how you came to that twisted conclusion
i have no problem with exclusive content if it is behind a paywall, aka dlc

edit: i find it funny that you get likes just bc you are desagreeing with me even if what you wrote is a complete nonsense
i guess people support anything as long it is part of their agenda

yes it is and thats clear to anyone who has played ladder the last 15 years

it was clearly said to be in development, it hasnt been “sold” as anything and there is nothing you are “buying”

i already explained you are focused on defining lines that are based on YOUR thoughts. someone could say NL had 0% of new runewords and they were all exclusive to ladder and then it is consistent with TZ being only ladder. it is clear TZ is a binary option and does not make sense to partially add to NL. so the debate is only NL or L and with a game that has dwindling activity it should be obvious why theyd want this next ladder to be as appealing as possible. Like insanely obvious that it is annoying to even have to mention

so you just hate exclusive content that requires you to check a box that says ladder character but if you had to instead pay that would be fine…good lord

keeping the same for the sake of keeping the same?

1 Like

You are literally demanding for zero Ladder only content because you only want to play NL.
ERGO you are refusing to upgrade your old car because of the comfortable butt groove, but you want the new features installed in it because you refuse to upgrade and feel entitled to all the new features.

1 Like

Source: my imagination.

It’s funny that the nonsense you said previously is contradicted by yourself.

Thats your case maybe, my source is game list.

I just checked just for you because you and some others make statements not reflecting reality.

Nonladder number of normal games EU: 6

Ladder number of games EU : 26

And its end of season lol. Use brain next time please. And OWN eyes to actual check what you talk about.

1 Like

Am I missing something?

you forgot the part where ladder content was aways transfered to NL with the end of ladder
in d2r, ladder content is said to be not completely exclusive anymore but temporally exclusive

“sold” is an expression, not necessarily meaning an merchantile deal

not my thoughs
it has always been this way
if you desagree with it, just prove it wasnt always like this, i have d2 history to back up my arguments

i have no problem in paying for people work
i have problem with getting less content against someone who paid the same as me for their licence just bc they play a “not so different” mode

this fits in so many bad situations
so this isnt something necessarily good

if some, even the best, TZs were exclusive to ladder i would have nothing to complain about bc it has always been this way
but thats not the case, its different and i already explained how

He did compare sold copies vs some supposedly datamined numbers while having no clue how many people is playing from number of sold copies still. Obviously nonsense as you cant do that. If you are unable to tell difference in that vs comparison just by checking how many people is making games Ladder vs nonladder, i am seriously sorry for you dude.

Where is that NL majority? Probably only in dreams as they obvisouly are not in NL games. Again its 6v26 for just normal and keep in mind its end of season so most people who play season ended playing already and is waiting for season two. Like 90% people I know stopped playing season and is waiting for next one and season game are still a lot more freqent.

uhh… you still don’t get it, do you? Never mind…

This discussion is pointless, you just dance around typing nonsense instead of going look at number of current games to see that clearly ladder is more populated. But what ever , keep dreaming that NL has more people :rofl: :joy:

People want ladder only runewords, so they can sell their stuff to non-ladder players and make xtra FG… Other than that, why would it really matter?

1 Like