Kuko Shakaku Fire/Physical damage build (Update Comments)

I posted this in an answer in general, but will just post it here separately too:

Here is a good guide for a fun and inexpensive Bowazon. Set your skills to qwerasdf. But, change standing still attack from shift, to Q. You can put Guided Arrow on W, Multi on E, and Immolation Arrow on R. Basic attack on left mouse button, Koku makes it an Explosive Shot and also adds Pierce to all of your attacks. It takes a little while to learn, get Muscle Memory, to use Q to stand still, and choose the right arrow of the 4 you use. But when you have learned, you run around expertly, looking like a pro.

Get Kuko Shakaku cedar bow. Max Immolation arrow and all it’s synergies. Basic attack now gives exploding arrows from Koku, and leeches back mana.

Max out guided arrows. Only have 10-11 in Multi arrow, you don’t need any more multi arrows. Koku gives 50% pierce, you don’t need more than 50% pierce from your skills. Don’t take Valkyrie because the sounds she makes ruins the game. After taking the 1 point wonders in Passive, mid and right tree, all your last points go into critical strike. Not a skill point is wasted in this build. Get might merc from nm, and give him Reapers Toll.

Added fire from items, and charms, adds to the explosion on the basic attack! This doesn’t show on Character screen. The basic attack damage looks low on Char screen, but it doesn’t show the explosion damage. The Char screen doesn’t show, the burn over time damage from Immo Arrow either. So, you do alot more damage than you thought you would.

Get unique Linked Mail (Spirit Forge), it is a good armor with 2 ias jewels in! Get Lava Gouts, the enchant adds fire damage too! You’ll want either +63 IAS, or +105 IAS. If you can’t reach 105 or decide not to, you can add MF or other things. So you can get Mavinas Diadem with 1 IAS jewel, add the belt, it gives you your mana leech, it gives 20 strength with 2 Mavina items, and the Diadem gets +1 skill! Thats a nice Diadem and a pretty good belt.

But also a good MF Stealskull helmet, with 1 IAS jewel if you need, can work for MF together with Goldwraps IAS. With +63 ias you can also wear Skullders. If you put IAS jewels in Stealskull, and in Skullders, you can even reach 105 IAS with Goldwraps and 20 IAS on gloves and Amu, and Shael or IAS jewel in Bow. Our Immo arrow is on a cd, and you shoot autoattacks in between, the last IAS breakpoint is not so crucial, as someone with Windforce shooting Multiarrows all the time. Or put it another way, a high MF build can do the job too (Topaz in Stealskull and Skullders). But play around and make sure you reach either +63 or +105 IAS, in between doesn’t matter and can be taken of.

On my character, I have 48% MF on Wartravs, I have 17% MF on gloves, I have a 31% MF Gheeds, and I found an 11fireres 4% MF small Charm, so my Max Damage build has 100% MF too.

Amu should be Cats Eye, and Boots War Travellers. Highlord and Gore riders give Deadly Strike, but that is only when you dont crit. So Deadly Strike is a % of the time your 70% chance to crit doesn’t happen. So a % of the 30% when you don’t crit. That turns into a low % of Deadly strikes. If you want to make a build with low crit skill (if you want Valkyrie for example), you can add Deadly Strike to the build.

I myself dont use Lavagouts, I wear Demon Limb on switch, with a 3 Fal shield to equip. It lets me cast level 23 Enchant. I can use other gloves then, +2bow skills with 20 ias is perfect. Or The green ones that give +350% damage to Demons (Edit: Laying of Hands). if you wear Mavinas Diadem with ias Jewel (45% ias), And Spirit Forge with 2 IAS Jewels (30%), and Cats Eye or HighLords (20%), you only need 20% from either Gloves or Shael in Bow. If you put in Bow you can use whatever gloves you like, of if you put in gloves and in Bow, you can use whatever Amu you like.

Or you can have fun, and have ias on Diadem, Amu, Gloves and Shael in Bow, and put in 2 Fire Facets in your Armor.

Basic play, run around shooting Immo arrow, and autoattack in between. When you merc decripify, you can shoot the mobs with multi arrow. Single target on for example Baal, is Immo Arrow, and Guided Arrows in between.

Upgrade the Kuko from Cedar Bow to Shadow Bow when you can use it. Put in Shael if you need IAS, or enchanced damage jewel +35% if you don’t need IAS . Bow skillers are good, Immo damage comes from raising the skill level.

Basically you have 4 skills you use. Immo and Main attacks are your go to. Multi sometimes against small critters and skeletons, when they are decripified, and Guided arrows against bosses, keeping immo arrow burning on them, and Guided versus healers and resser monsters on the backline. You are fire and physical damage, the autoattack also gives physical damage and can be used with decripify.

Stats should be strength to equip, add 100 base Vitality, and the rest in Dex for damage and attack rating. With the very nice life on Spirit Forge, and some life on charms, you can even go lower on Vit if you dare, to get more damage.

It is not a Javazon, but you can take down cow herds even in player 8 games, without any super expensive item. Mavinas Diadem is the most expensive item. You can farm Flayer Jungle, and Flayer Dungeon is a good place. Shoot ghosts in Arcane Sanctuary for high runes, and the Tombs are a fun place to farm with this build. You suffer in places with tough monsters with fire res, like Chaos Sanctuary. You’ll have to work your Decripify in these places, shoot what the Merc is tanking. The Goats in Arcane Sacntuary are not a problem, the way they line up and your 100% Pierce.

Edit: I have tested the build with a Windforce Bow, and you do get stronger physical damage, but the fire and pierce goes down. Regardless, if you switch between skills, and always have you immo arrow on something thats not fire resistent, your multi arrow does move things down quickly. You can keep the items I advice, but will need to Shael the Windforce, to get 149 IAS and the 8 frame attack speed. But then your multi attacks are basically, as good as any Windforce user, with a fire attack that is on par with your multi damage wise, choosing the correct targets of course.

And it’s fun.
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
A short update as this fun and efficient build lives on, from Kuko with exploding arrows, to Windforce using mostly multi, and to Faith Bow, Immo Arrows and Multi.

Faith Bow works very well for this build, as Immolation Arrow gets it’s damage from skill+, and Faith have potentially +5, untop of fanaticism and it’s very fast speed, it adds 120 fire damage. And even some very welcome res all.

As you can read on another guide found here, if you roll a Faithbow and get 12 Fanaticism, you are out of luck. 7 FPS, GMB Faith Bow 12, Fortitude. You can choose 2 out of 3.

I managed to roll a 13, so I’m good, but it is a very disappointing roll for a very expensive item if it fails (25% chance). If you do roll and fail, then try this Immo build instead, foregoing Fortitude Armor, and using Spirit Forge, or another armor with 15 ias build in or added in a socket. With the items the guide descripes, you only need 1 15ias jewel in the armor, I put in an enhanced damage + fire damage jewel I had, together with an IAS jewel, to reach 100 IAS.

The Immo build with Faith bow litterally melt cows. I am pretty sure it is faster than the multiarrow build. Slotting in Immo shots between multi arrow shots, Exploding arrow is also good against tightly clustered mobs. Chaos Sanctuary is not adviced, for the fire res, you can do it by shooting decripified mobs with multi, and Immo on ghosts and casters. But it is a devastating build elsewhere. My Fortitude Armor stays with my Barb for the time being, it’s time to shoot some fire.

2 Likes

Nice write up, thank you for this. I have all the recommended gear, and an infinity to knock dat fire res way down…

I hadn’t considered trying a fire bow build. Might be time to have me a barbecue.

Thx for that.

I’d like to add, that rings should be a Ravenfrost, the other ring could be one more Ravenfrost, but Bul Khatos ring is also very nice to raise Immolation Arrow, add lifeleech and some health. You could also go with a good Lifeleech or resist ring, or even a Nagel ring for 30 MF and some attack rating too.

Some say that lifeleech isn’t so important on a Bowazon, so you should only have enough to top out your health, but if you like facetanking like me, running into crowded rooms in the Tombs, high lifeleech actually makes you better at that! Even though the bows physical damage is low, around 10% lifeleech works well.

Regarding farming, in the Arcane Sanctuary, the path with no stairs is the best, with regards to your Merc. But the other path with the teleports work too, as you bring your merc with you. The other 2 paths are not good for your Merc, and the goats become annoying. I clear the 2 paths and then head for Tombs. The skellies in the Tomb go down with Decripify also, basic attack or Multi shot. That is all :slight_smile:

the problem with any fire build is just that you can basically only farm cows :stuck_out_tongue:

p1 cows might work fine I guess. I tried immolation arrow after i saw how firewall works but unfortunately the delay on the skill makes it terrible and for whatever reason it also does 0 dmg :frowning:

I must say that frost is still more fun than fire

What a load of bull…

Maybe you oldtimers should spend 20 years playing adc in LoL. You have 4 skills and can kite. You can have 4 skills and can kite in Diablo 2 also.

I suspect you are not shooting exploding shots in between Immolation arrow, which is the point of using the Kuko Bow. It not only does AoE damage, but keep the cows in the Immo fire, that is something you can practice, keeping cows in immo fire with expolsive shot.

As I said in my Guide, people can well farm Flayer Jungle and Flayer Dungeon. Arcane Sanctuary 2 wings, where you merc can follow (straight road and tele wing), the tombs are fun to run also, with many specials and many chests.

Always check Nihlas Halls and Worldstone keep for flayers and Ghosts and lightning beetles and other prime targets. It’s not just that the area level is higher and you can find better stuff, but also a source of experience all the way to level 93.

Cows go down steadilly in players 8, if you’re merc can tank them, if not you’ll be running.

I will repeat what I said in my guides first paragraph. But standstill attack on Q, Guided on W, Multi on E, and Immo on R, and explosive shot on left mouse button.

I tried a bowazon with Kuko, and its kill speed was painfully slow compared to a LF Javazon. No need to kite since that 75% block shield with stacked DR makes the javazon very durable, and 1 LF javelin wipes out scores of hell mobs if they are not lightning immunes.

Blizz really needs to buff the bowazon and her physical damage skills to make her more competitive with other classes.

Thing is a Javazon should not take down a herd of cows in 8 player games in 5 seconds. Developers should balance by asking themselves: How long should it take. There should be a fight, there should be time for others to join in, it should take 15 seconds where it took 5 seconds before.

Same with Hammerdin at Baals Throneroom and Chaos Sanctuary.

If you “balanced” the game so every class could clear a room as fast as these inbalanced builds, you would probably see boredom set in. Solution is the other way round, bring these characters in line and slow them down and force them to actually fight.

Optimized builds will always outperform non-optimal versions, but the DEV’s clearly demonstrate skill bias by granting powerful synergies to only certain skills while implementing penalties in others. Strafe and Multi-Shot are such examples - no synergies present, and Strafe even gets a 25% base weapon damage penalty. Some skills are also “auto-hit” and do not require any attack rating to work correctly, while others require huge DEXERITY numbers to hit targets, thereby depriving the build of precious VITALITY points.

A better solution would be to add more synergies to diversify build viability, thereby giving players more options.

An enchantress will do it better.

And i always thought razortail is the only item with bugged piece calculation? Does the koku pierce really also just get added to pierce from skill and not get calculated seperated?

Is that a sorc with maxed out enchant? o.0

Yes. Does more fire damage then the zone. And since high level enchant lasts very long, you even can cast it in town with seperate equip, which can get stupid high levels, and then switch back to combat equip. But you need a good merc for the fire immunes.

Well I disagree with this, the synergies “forced” players to make a 1 skill build, when it was introduced. Better to take it away, add like 1% damage pr level, and rebalance. Everyone should have and keep their builds competence, like Java for big AoE, but just close the gap between classes, bringing some up and others down.

But game balance should be done “from the opposite direction”. First decide how long something will take for an elite char, a good char and a decent char. Then adjust values to make it so.

Sony had this same mentality when Star Wars Galaxies was the #1 MMO. Then they decided to universally nerf everyone’s hard-earned gear for the sake of game balance. There was a huge negative backlash from the player base, and they sent a petition to Sony requesting that the nerfs be removed, or else they were going to quit and find another game. Sony stuck to its guns and refused. Within 3 days, SWG lost over 50% of its subscribed player base to WoW. The rest is history.

Once you give players a taste of the good life, it is very difficult to take it back without losing them permanently. Sure, a developer can give players something other than what they want “for the sake of game balance,” but that has the potential to literally sink the whole franchise as demonstrated by Sony and SWG.

Did anyone tested the Immolation Build after 2.4 patch. Is it stronger now? Viable for hell p1 lvl85 areas?

haven’t had a chance to try Immo in Hell yet. But it is noticeably better when I was using it to level. Enough that I considered not switching over to my FA/Strafe setup.

I do have a javazon that is collecting dust atm, I may respec her to try it out.