Just want to get back in for now

Continuing the discussion from Failed to join game error see below:

Thanks I may try that, but the offline D2R was running fine with 7 minor mods before I botched the installation of yes, that mod.
What I am trying to do now is get back IN past that error “failed to join game.” Any ideas?
I am waiting for D4 & miss D2 but the vanilla D2R just sucks for me with no QOL.
Thanks in advance.

Failed to join game during Offline mode is generally the cause of a corrupted shared stash file. You would have to delete your shared stash file in the save folder. This can be due to a number of reasons, most common being a client crash corrupting both the shared stash and the character file you were playing on, or a power outage during play that shut your computer down. However, if you had an increased stash mod active, there probably would be conflicts with that. Hope you have backup files. Part of the reason I quit playing offline is due to these issues.

Taken from his nexus mods post:

Added this, or tried. Now game won’t load, says “failed to join game” but I am in SP. Any ideas?
The D:\Diablo II Resurrected\Mods\D2RMM\D2RMM.mpq\data internal folders (global hd & local) were written over, and idk how to restore them.
Any tips please?

As far as making it work no clue but ya uninstall then reinstall to get it functioning normally.

Question: Do I go to the save game folder for the shared stash? I believe that is the one for ONLINE play, which is functioning perfectly.
If so where is the shared stash for OFF line?

Just go to your save folder. All of your character files are there, including the offline shared stash file. The character files for your online characters saved in that directory are just the individual settings for those characters (hotkeys, skill bar display, etc) and not the individual or shared stashes, as those are exclusive to Blizzard servers. You should not see the file for the online shared stash, only the offline one.