Just got a BER!

very very rare drop, after so many thousands of hours

at terrorized CV temple, lvl 1

: D

3 Likes

By botting.
(20 characters)

Only a single Ber? Have you been farming non-tz Den of Evil all this time?

Congrats on the ber!
What did you do with it?
Shove it somewhere good?

1 Like

congrats on the Ber brother. Soak in the misery of the first two replies LOL.

1 Like

It’s extremely inefficient. You’d know that if you actually played the game instead of ranting on the forums and demanding idiotic changes to it.

why bot SP ? I can download all the items anytime ! makes no sense, aint no fun !

I am playing casually, mate

btw, the previous BER dropped on 2023-04-12 ! not too bad !

: )

Come on man, how would you know ?

glad you 've been reading them

here’s a couple for you to review again !

: D

Me? Cause of old threads people telling me he’s the d22000 autobot :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t know about that. I was asking how he know the date of the previous ber drop

I am playing SP mate

I got all sorts of logs that y’all cannot have online

; )

Oh my bad thought you talking to me but just didnt click reply to me.

nah, still optimizing my zon during the last years

she doesn’t need anything, so I’m keeping the rune

the high runes mule, that is

: )

No Ber Mal Ber Ist?
Or even a little Dol Um Ber Ist keep Emilio alive in the cows a bit better? :stuck_out_tongue:
Or are you saving up for a Jah Mal Jah Sur Jah Ber? :stuck_out_tongue:

isn’t infy best for elementalists ? it is very strong, ofc… already have it, btw

coh is nice, surely… he is wearing fort… but I would like that +MF… also got a coh… haven’t tried it lately… cannot remember what I get from this +2

I am not really playing Paladins or Barbarians… so no last wish… a little too flashy for me also… it is the bowazon for me

that’s a lot of years hoarding loot

: P

So far this ladder, I have found 2 Ber runes and one Sur. All other runes have been Mal or lower, and there haven’t been many of those either. Some came from the Hellforge. Basically, that’s pretty pathetic.

When I think about everything I need just to bring even one character into the high-end range, including the Merc, it’s ridiculous. I burned through a ton of Heralds trying to get two Sunders, Fire and Lightning. What I actually need is Bone Break. I’ve done countless Countess runs, and the best rune she drops is Io.

Yesterday, I found War Travelers in the Frozen Tundra zone at the transition to the Ancient’s Way, right in front of the entrance, from an Elite pack. Good boots for my Bow Ama, at least.

I’m looking for Lo, Bone Break, Jah, Vex and good bases, as well as Highlord’s, a good helm — I’m currently using Wisdom there as a runeword. No Anni, no Torch, and only a few +damage charms. The only reason I’m able to farm Hell at all is because of the Ber rune I got for my runeword.

I’ve been farming constantly, and it’s getting increasingly difficult to stay motivated.

When I think about making a second character now, where am I supposed to get all the gear from? Let alone two or three more characters. This just isn’t a good concept for a ladder. For non-ladder, it’s probably fine, because you have all the time in the world to accumulate gear and build up multiple characters.

My first Ber rune dropped very early, during week one, in Act 3 Upper Kurast. No Terror Zone. I was about to head onto the Durance, but opened one more chest — and a Ber rune dropped from it. At that point I was pretty damn bad at the game. I was basically just running through the area and opening chests because I figured that’s one way to find runes.

My second Ber dropped 4–5 days ago while playing in a group. On the way to Mephisto, level 1, I kicked a random pot along the way and Ber rune number two dropped out of it. No Terror Zone again.

The Sur rune came from an Act 2 Terror Zone, either the Halls / Rocky Waste area or the Far Oasis, I honestly don’t remember which one anymore. The very first mob group after the waypoint was kind enough to give me the Sur rune. That was already several weeks ago.

So yeah, I’ve had some good rune drops. But when you look at everything you actually need to properly gear even one character, it’s still pretty ridiculous. And if I want to make another character, I have to ask myself where all that gear is supposed to come from.

I’ve been farming for ages, and at some point it just becomes exhausting. The problem isn’t necessarily that I haven’t found any valuable items — I’ve had two Ber runes and a Sur. It’s that there are so many other things you need on top of that to actually finish a character.

And then you start thinking about making a second one… and realize you’re basically starting the entire process all over again.

I used to think this. Diablo 2 is very mysterious.

If you really want to see the end game of Diablo II, you have to make a nova sorc. You have learn to love teleport and learn how to move really fast and explode valuable packs and use telekinesis…

Use that nova sorc to farm keys.

Use those keys to farm a torch (or you can trade 4x3 or less for an unid torch).

about 1/4 chance its worth a ber rune (being sorc or warlock)… really rough estimate but the odds aren’t unreasonable. Farm 24 of each key, and then tell me you didn’t find something godly along the way.

Probability says It would take about 350 runs for each key type. You are going to need teleport and 105 fcr to truly enjoy that.

it’s just the grind

wouldn’t have it any other way !

: )