Just Curious on GPU temps

Hello, just want to get a feel what everyone else is seeing on their GPU temps.

First off, it’s nothing so high it’ll damage my graphics card (I’m not here about that) but I do log temps, at all times, for gameplay across many games.

For instance when I play Cyberpunk I never exceed 72c with everything maxed, Skyrim runs in the 60’s, and no game I have ever seen go above 80c and that is ultra rare and for mere seconds.

This game is a steady 85c with a few spikes of 89-92c

Just tried Grim Dawn and it was at 45c, and Baldur’s Gate 3 at 61c.

So what is this game doing that it is a constant +89c? The only game.

What’s everyone else’s temps?

–

Because it’ll be asked: A) RTX3070, B) CPU temps stay around 45c w/a few spikes into 60c for a second or two.

Thanks!

– EDIT –

I manually set framerate, in game (Video Options), to 60 before even getting into character creation.

1 Like

steady 82

gtx 1070

another thread had some tips including the ones you mentioned. didnt seem to do much

I see, even 82c seems way over the top for THIS game.

While, again, it’s not going to outright kill our graphics card it will reduce their life significantly.

My 1080Ti stays around 50C, my CPU around the same but occasional spikes to 80.

if mine runs at 82, im opening the case and pointing a fan at it…

my 3060Ti @ 65 +/-, not too bad i dont think

Here’s another thread from earlier with tons of replies:

GTX 1070, 1600x1200, 60hz. Default game graphics settings. Average of 0% to 1% usage while playing, 58 celsius temps. (task manager on 2nd monitor) Constant 60 fps. The 1070 isn’t even breaking a sweat.

49 celsius temps when sitting at the desktop.

Whatever they did between beta and now vastly improved the graphics situation, at least for the NVIDIA 10 series.

I still need to test at home with my 1080 Ti/1080 144hz monitor.

MY Gpu is hot and it cant taste anything… O GOD

1 Like

I very much appreciate all the replies so quickly!

I guess I’ll start messing with video options and find a permutation that keeps it under 70c.

Rock! Thanks everyone.

Update from the previous thread… I limited FPS to 60 and set resolution scaling at 90% and it didn’t make any difference for me.

If you’re running RTX 3090 the problem they found with New World killing the cards was shoddy placed hardware cooling pads on the cpu when running uncapped FPS.

this is relatively easy fix. set your max fps to 99 or lower and set your minumum to 40. turn off sharpening to 1. drops heat BIG TIME (with nvidia GTX 1080 or higher cards)

EVGA 3090 FTW Ultra, 3440x1440 all game settings maxed sitting at 99-100fps (caped) no heat issues, just login issues now after the latest boot from the server due to Telstra disconnect. 65-72 Deg C

Ok, changed one thing: Anisotropic Filtering from 16x (85-90c) to 4x (65-67c).

Everything else still at max.

Ok, I’m out, thanks again everyone!

GTX690 56°c is about the hootest it gets

690???
Uhhhhh what processor? Pentium 4?

Stable at 71degrees
High settings frame capped to 60fps on a gtx 1070 founders edition at 2560 x 1440 wqhd

I turned the AA off again since it seems to make no visible difference to what I see in game and it sits at 60fps and is nice and smooth. Occasionally to 59 for a second then back to 60 again.

After the beta I brought a few things. An nzxt case, 4 nice noctua fans, Cooler master hyper 212 and a Samsung 870 evo. So I kind of met them halfway.

Using the new drivers Version: 472.12

Really needs to leave open hardware monitor on and grind for the whole day on Saturday to test it properly. That’s going to be my excuse anyway :slight_smile:

With sharpening at 1 I think turning AA off makes everything look crisper.

Try limiting your FPS cap to just a few over your monitors resolution. This will prevent your GPU from putting out unnecessary frames