Javazon without infinity?

For sure it is possible I guess, but is it fun in hell? We have another spell to handle the lighting immunes? I wanna start an amazon next.

I’m level 92 w/o infinity (but should have it soon). Lightning immunes are prevalent and incredibly annoying. You can farm cows pretty well - just note the Cow King is always lightning immune. The pits is an OK spot. The archers that can spawn there are lightning immune.

Supposedly you can use a lower resist wand from Akara to substitute for infinity, but I’ve just let my merc kill them (he is using Obedience Eth Thresher which is cheap and hits really hard).

1 Like

Do you use any skills that can kill lightning immunes? Other than your merc.

If you have a Might aura merc, your Jab skill can handle most lightning immunes alongside him. Especially so if you decide to upgrade your Titans. Good for dispatching a boss or a few pesky mobs here and there, but even then I wouldn’t go to zones where lightning immunities are a prevalent occurrence such as the Pit.

1 Like

Alright! will do that then I believe.

I play it one of two ways;

1. Poison/Plague Javelin - Eventually, this tapers off and becomes nearly useless by Hell
  2. Mega-Valkyrie - Using Valk, Decoy and my Merc, I can handle just about anything. Putting 17 hard points in Valk makes her nigh indestructible. I usually contribute with some low level plague jav (1 hard point) still, just to keep them from healing, but this is still slow going even if your Merc has a Crushing blow weapon.

BTW, I have two off-hand build-outs; a Lower Resis wand + shield for general running to the farming spot (can break many immunes) and a teleport staff for things like Durance of Hate level 2 getting to Meph quickly without messing with High Council and that cluster. Depends on what I’m doing, but I always keep the non-used one in my Cube for when I need to switch. A lot of times, it is pretty easy to just run up to the Frigid Highlands or Pendle, cast Decoy in front of me, and then I have time to either Lower Resist any immunes or start throwing LF without risk. And, one last thing, if you use the Lower Resist wand on Meph or Andy, they go down a lot quicker!

1 Like

I had Plague/poison and lightning hybrid for the first 4 weeks. Dont listen to Geministar, plague javelin is not useless in Hell. My poison is around 45k/17secs which equates to 2600 / sec. Just have to learn to kite with it or switch target while its killing mobs with poison. That way, you can kill 2 mob groups at the same time. You will need 40 points into poison and 40-50 into lightning. Adding more into lightning only really helps the charged strike damage, lightning fury only benefits 1% per point. On the switch, get a 2hander lycander or stoneraven, ppl just give these away. Give your merc a reaper toll if possible, if not Bonehew. With this setup, you can do chaose sanctuary around 7-8minutes. Once you get infinity, then switch it back to pure lightning. Mind you, if play solo most the time. The damage will be overkill and that extra lightning synergy is somewhat wasted.

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies. Good insight.

I run WSK with my non-infinity Javazon. You can kill some light immune like the scarabs with just the physical dmg component - I have a high ED titan’s (208 dmg) - and lots of mana leech. I still spam LF but let the physical dmg kill em.

The light horror mages are also killable with the physical dmg from jav spamming LF, but no leech, so pots!

Black souls are the hard ones, I switch to a Harmony bow (recent, was using buriza until I got my GMB Harmony) to kill black souls.

Do use treachery as the black soul’s light spam will proc fade and keep you alive! Without treachery it is low survivability on a WSK map with black souls.

So yea, not necessary for infinity. It does help make it quicker obviously.

Baal wave are piece of cake with a Javazon, so is baal.

1 Like

Here’s my 2 cents.

If you get titans, tgods, spirit shield, +zon ammy. All which can be had fairly cheap,
This will put your lighting fury at +30. So with just 20 points in lighting fury, this totally
mows down all non-lighting immunes in hell.

Since spending just +20 points in LF leaves you with a ton of skill points, just grab
some other skills to deal with lighting immunes. I have a lycanders aim on swap, with
maxxed out freezing arrow + ice arrow, I’m getting 2k freezing arrow, which totally
destroys non-cold immunes.

Amazing how effective this is, and also very cheap. Maxing out all the synergies for lighting fury, doesn’t make any sense to me though, as your only getting 1% to damage. Not to
mention it’s totally not needed, as the killing power of maxed LF is way more than enough.

2 Likes

with razor belt, even lightning immune mobs can’t resist to the absurd piercing damage you can do

1 Like

how does that even make sense?
Isn’t the pierce from LF pure lightning?
Anyways the physical component is not exactly great for farming light immunes.

1 Like

I know that LF is only supposed to deal physical damage to the initial target and lightning damage to the rest as the pierce mechanic triggers splits, but spamming lighting fury vs. lighting immunes still kills everything extremely fast, especially with Reaper’s Toll Decrepify on a Might merc. I’m guessing the 600+ dmg poison charms in my inventory have something to do with it :smiley:

Black Souls are a pain since they are lighting + poison immune. Whenever they pop up, I swap to a 2-perfect diamond Mosers (+63 resist all) and Demon Arch spear with T-Gods to beat them down. Since they are always emptying my zon’s mana, I usually have to close to point-blank and jab them to death, or chug pots while throwing lots of LF javelins.

Maxing out several synergies isn’t for the benefit of Lightning Fury. Instead, its purpose is to max out Charged Strike, the javazon’s main boss-killer. Each synergy point is +10% extra damage, so two maxed synergy skills (Lighting Fury and Lighting Strike) yield +400% bonus damage. My current set up has Charged strike at L28, so each of the 8 charged strike bolts deals 1-2631 dmg. Big targets like Diablo and Baal get to eat an average 10.5k charged bolt damage per strike, so they literally go down in about 10 seconds @ hell difficulty give or take.

I do agree that you don’t need all the synergies – Just 2 is fine. This allows you to spend those saved points in other utility skills, like Valkyrie if you want a tank-on-demand.

BTW, has anyone here tried using the Crescent Moon runeword on an Act2 Merc? Is it single-target only, or does it have any AoE?

1 Like

Well this conversation is interesting. Getting hotter by the minute.
Funny enough I (op) haven’t made my javazon yet, lol, but I appreciate all the answers and conversation. Making her tonight hopefully.

I find regular titans is not good enough with a pul and lum and flawless saphire the damage increase as +190 up made a difference.

oh sure i have an infinity. doesnt everyone have an infinity. just get a couple ber runes. its so easy. actually i have played this game for over 10 years and never had a ber rune drop. ive traded for lots of them and im sure they were probably all duped.

i switch to tstroke(-15% lightning res)for lightning immunes and use poison myself. and my merc can take most of them down pretty fast. also i do about 1 k physical damage so i can even beat them down without poison, merc or -lightning res.

if i had a ber rune i would use it to make coh and i should have one by sometime next year or i guess i could just go buy one.

It works for some reason.

With pierce, my jav can kill scarabs in Hell WSK who are light immune and my mana leech works, so I"m guessing the physical portion is somehow splitting and hitting - could be a bug. Also, I run a Might act 2 merc wih a 208 dmg titans.

Same with the lightning horror mages, but no leech of course since they’re skellis.

However, for some reason it doesn’t work that well with Black Souls.

What about plague?

I’m thinking about re-specing to 20 Charged Strike / 20 Lightning Fury / 20 Plague, with 1 in every passive and 5-10 in Valk. When I see a mob of light immunes, spam plague, stand back, let the Merc and Valk do their thing.

I use Buriza (Sheal rune) off hand with 16 freezing arrow, 8 Ice arrow hard points.
Deal Light immunue respectably in Hell & cows.

The advantages of this against jav attacks (like jab) is AOE, safe (range), Crowd control (freeze), while help Emilio too, & does decent damage at cost of a weapon swap not CTA, & about 30+ hard points.

1 Like