Javazon needs a runeword

So there’s like runewords for every hero except javazon.
Please allow amazon white javalins to become socketable up to 3 socket+
blue and rare javelins up to 2+ sockets.

Sockets in any throwable weapon don’t make sense really.

why doesn’t it make sense, can you explain?

It’s for the same reason arrows/bolts cannot be socketed: for the socket to make sense, you would need to individually socket each quantity or unit of the item that you’re throwing or shooting, which is not really possible.

tru. I think refreshable items like javelins, bolts, and other throwable items should have its merits. Like bolts and arrows could have unique item by itself because bow/crossbow doesn’t really do justice compare to two handed items.

Anyways javelins have potential to be played around with more builds based off of socket inputs. I think this would make throw barbs, throw daggers, javelins more interesting to use.

To unpack things from here then:

Javazons: javazons as a whole are already quite powerful, so I don’t quite understand the motivation to make them even stronger.

Lightning fury/charged strike based builds are quite OP and broken.

Poison/plague javazons do very well in apeedruns through normal.

Some historical context: javelins in classic didn’t even come in magic/rare/unique form, so your lightning furies had to be used with white javelins. Because of this, lightning fury/charged strike were designed around understanding this.

As a result, lower levels of these skills have moderate strength when maxed out, but are brokenly strong with all the +skill gear and other new mods introduced since LoD, such as:

• Javelins (+4 from Titans, but as high as +6)
  • Skillers (up to +9)
  • Torch/Anni (+4)
  • Spirit, Enigma, +skill tab gloves (+7 in total)
  • And then you have infinity, Griffin’s, razortail that amplify the damage and effects of lightning fury
  • And then you have mana/ammo abundance that comes from +mana after each kill, CTA and regenerating quantities

Throw barbs: Throw barbs aren’t limited by their equipment but are limited by their lack of AoE. Double throw + pierce + regenerative ammo is nice, but whether you introduce sockets or not into throwables, it still won’t solve that problem.

Throw barb can definitely be played with socketed runeword on throwable items.
By throwing, it can proc creative aoe attacks like high level corpse explosion, tornados, or even fire balls. Similar things exist but not as useful. It’s time to revamp some of these stuff.

Yes unique javelins have op stats however runewords can have more creative stats as well. Doesn’t mean it should be more powerful than titans. It can proc or as well as chance to replenish on critic proc on amazn as well. There’s so much to be played with.

I see that javelins can be ‘brokenly strong’ but the runeword doesn’t have to be powerful. Throwables are usually seen in defensive strategies, usually shooting and throwing at distance. But thinking in more creative approach in offense strategies like adding 50% dragon flight on hit with throwables would be really interesting way to play.

The game can support them being socketed. It’s adjustable in the .txt files and existing mods have done this.

Whether it should actually be done is a different matter of discussion.

I know, they are just a different type in the game.

I’m just explaining why it makes sense not to.

It doesn’t make sense
however does sunder charm makes sense? Doesn’t make sense either.
Needs a refresh to the resurrected as people are too scared of changes yet bored of it.
It’s a good way to keep people engaged as well as new builds.

I don’t support the sunder charms, but I don’t see why they don’t make sense either in the same manner of reasoning that socketing items that you throw at or shoot at enemies do.

Can you go onto that?

Changes for the sake of keeping the game fresh doesn’t really justify making throwables socketable; there’s plenty of other options to explore before we even go there.

Sure, when teleport enigma came along, it didn’t make sense to alot of people but it opened up alot of builds. Teleport used to be “charged 25/25” but now they are permanent. This made alot of people happy and upset but produced alot of new builds. This didn’t make sense by giving all heroes the ability to teleport.

The reasonable spin off goes for socketable throwables. It has always been a restricted mechanic that is suppose to be simply disposable when it reaches 0. However with new added feature of sockets, it can bring new variety of fun builds not only to amazons/barbs, but sorces, sins, druids etc that can be used with previous runewords for new combination of dynamic play.

Don’t you think chaos runeword “whirl wind” is sort of weird for assassins?
Imagine a runeword for javelins that gives couple pts to light fury or 30% to corpse explosion after kill. Every heroes can benefit from it or branch new builds based off of their abilities. Sure, the ability needs to be balanced well enough that it doesn’t tip other aspect of the game.

People seem to be used to the old economy of mechanics of how things work but it’s okay to break some of the things that doesn’t break the game like sunder charms does. Blue throwables with sockets become more fun to customize with jewels and runes depending on what stats it came with. Assassins customize their blue claws all the time.

Every items have durability from runeword, magic, unique etc. Throwables have quantity that can be repaired the same way as durability. They both break and can not be used. They have the same mechanic by the #. 0/60 durability or 0/120 quantity. Some throwables can disappear after reaching 0. This gives players jolt of the awareness thus adding more excitement yet not wanting to lose their ber’ed javelin.

It shouldn’t affect as much as we imagine because we are used to the old system and seems natural that way. I feel that way too to see a socketable runeword, but once it is in the system, we get used to it and have fun with it.