It's Time to Report Blizzard for Fraud to the FTC

It’s time to report Blizzard for fraud and bad business practices in relation to the Diablo 2: Resurrected server issues. Blizzard advertised this game as fully working and advertised the game as ready to play on the release date at the release time. For four hours, the game was not ready to play as advertised. The game continues to not be ready to play as advertised. Blizzard has not offered to refund everyone for the game purchases despite not meeting the service agreement. I encourage everyone to go to FTC site and file a report with them to bring accountability to Blizzard. You have rights as a paying customer, and you need to exercise those rights. The next step is a class action lawsuit. Let me know if you would like to join me in that.

270 Likes

Good luck with that endeavor. This will be the next laughing stock topic of the FTC.
:smirk:

14 Likes

They didn’t expect the game to be this unstable. That’s not the same as fraud. Nobody at Blizzard was like, “Well, this will crash constantly. Let’s release it anyway.” The game was more stable in beta.

9 Likes

Warcraft 3 Reforged was worse than that.

5 Likes

Yeah. Nothing bad at all could happen if thousands of people jump them with reports to federal agencies… After they are already under a microscope by multiple state and federal agencies over their current business practices.

Chuckle all you want. The reality is, they are in the worst spot they’ve ever been in right now.

31 Likes

They released it early. We knew it. Remember what beta was like? I came here and said the game is nowhere near ready. Expect it to be ready in Nov.

4 Likes

I second your motion brother, when I make a purchase I expect what they say they will deliver , if I order a steak I want a steak not a salad

16 Likes

How do you know this? You don’t think companies push defective products out? It happens in vehicles even. Where they know there is a fault that could kill someone. They still do it though. Cause money.

12 Likes

I doubt they’ll ever top that one.

The beta also had fewer people stressing the servers out. They’ll sort this out.

1 Like

You really think this is going to go anywhere? Servers don’t have 100% uptime, EVER. They can get very close, but never 100%. Now instead of brooding in your apparent hatred for Blizzard because the authentication servers are down, go do something else for a bit, come back and check if they’re back up.

5 Likes

Noooooo…! I wanna play D4 (eventually). Don’t shut them down over D2R :worried:

I work in DevOps and this stuff is actually hard… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

not to mention my game crash 3time for an hour of play, all my drivers were updated… i about to ask for full refund

7 Likes

Did you read the TOS?

1 Like

What did you even buy the game for if you hate Blizzard so much. You look like a complete fool with this post.

4 Likes

When internet “lawyers” think they know how the law works :rofl:

10 Likes

Sure kid, good luck with that. In that ToS you happily clicked on, you agreed to unexpected server downtime. Is it annoying? Absolutely. But don’t Karen-out all over the place.

8 Likes

Nah, they released it right on time for shareholders/third quarter profits.

Oh, you meant they released it early far as the customer experience is concerned. Well, yeah :frowning:

3 Likes

yeah not 100% uptime but they could do some better, LIKE BUY MORE SERVERS MORE IT TO FIX THE FIREWALL OR SOME STUFF"’’’’ MORE DEV TO FIX MY 50 game crashes,…

cheap a$$ activision, the only thing they have thats relly good is art dev other than that they would be out of buisness for a long while…

4 Likes

Activision has been around for 42 years… They have been doing something right it seems.

Oh yeah, fix the firewall… Or reboot the internet… Check the blinker fluid in your car while you’re at it.

6 Likes