Its time to nerf Hammerdins. Change my mind

Hammerdin = 1212121212121212 (teleport, hammer, teleport hammer) yawn

Hammerdins are probably the most easymode class in the game by far. Waaaaay too powerful in every aspect with very little gear required. There is a reason so many people pick them out of the gate. Its overdue for them to be nerfed like many other classes were.

Simply put - hammers were most definitely not built with teleport in mind. They were never meant to be used with such mobility. Add to the fact that they can pretty much not be resisted and do up to almost 18k damage and its a no brainer. No class needs to do that much damage, no other class CAN do that much unresistable, unblockable damage.

Before anyone comes in blathering on about “but sorcs can tele blah blah”…well, alI can say is if you really dont understand the difference between the squishiest class in the game built with teleport for survivability from the ground up vs a fully armored and shielded hammerdin with max gear, defense, max hp max fcr, dex etc than you are beyond hope. Even worse, their gear is a nice one size fits all package with max resist, MF, damage, etc.

To those defending hammerdins - why do you need this game to be so easy?

56 Likes

why do you care? if you don’t like them don’t play one…

52 Likes

Let’s not blame it on Enigma though.
Hammerdins are seriously OP even without Enigma.

23 Likes

Only baddies play hammerdins.

8 Likes

This isn’t world of Warcraft, if you think they’re OP, make one. I can tell you now, it’s not as OP as you think. The hammers missing minions as they swirl on top of their heads and you have to position perfectly to connect the initial hammer is annoying AF. I find them tedious and stupid, because also, there is a cast delay of teleport or move once you cast hammer, if you hold it down and want to move you have to time that correctly to. IMO Overall hammerdin is a clunky character. My sorc farms faster, can seal pop faster.

33 Likes

I don’t go about wanting to limit other people’s choices.

But, IMO, it’s an imbalance. And a cheap, boring cheat of sorts.

It’s clearly built out of loopholes, to exploit the game in ways the devs didn’t see coming. And thus, abuse exceptions to push the build well beyond its intended limits.

I know how some people get their jollies out of thinking they “beat the system” and “are owning the man.” Cookie-cutter teen rebellion. Which of course, adds more appeal to this build in their copy/pasting minds.
But that doesn’t make it any less unbalanced, considering the rest of the game and the rest of the Paladin himself.

When people go the “min-maxing efficiency” way to such an extreme, that they seem to forget it’s all about having fun instead of safely bulldozing through… Not caring if they deform the Paladin’s concept beyond recognition, and picking the most predictable and overplayed strategy…

5 Likes

They effect me and the game /economy / pvp I play?

4 Likes

Nobody cares what you think. Pig crap makes the best camel leather, change my mind

5 Likes

I dont see the majority of players picking them without teleporting but I dont see enigma going anywhere so pallies (hammers) need to be nerfed.

Its already happened to many others, zons, barbs etc…pallies need their due.

1 Like

They need to put more magic immunities into the game so that he has to suffer like the elemental characters do lol. It would suck for magic necros though too… They should nerf infinity’s light resistance breaking also, if they don’t plan to fix immunities for other elements.

8 Likes

its already nerfed. Back in 1.1

5 Likes

If you get kill by a hammerdin that is your own fault. Their attack goes in a god damn circle. If you get killed by one, you walked right into the circle.

5 Likes

Comatose,

Lol, you’re embarrassing yourself.

You truly honestly think hammers dont need a nerf?

3 Likes

pLEasE nERf EvERyThInG I dOn’t LikE. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have a wild idea for you. Just don’t use hammerdin. Problem solved. Weakest generation ever man, just unreal.

19 Likes

The problem is if you make such changes it also affect bone necro greatly…unless they make lower resist able to lower magic resist again, otherwise bone necro would suffer greatly.

4 Likes

Very beautifully put.

You said it perfectly imo…

1 Like

You’re an embarrassment to common sense. I DONT LIKE FAST CARS, SO ILL KEEP DRIVING MY SLOW CAR AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FAST ONES. Dummy.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s the issue. That could be a work around though imo.

Ahahahahahahahahhahahaa

are you really comparing some balancing issues in a 20 year old vidya game to laws / cars in real life?

shudders

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAH, ARE YOU REALLY CRYING CAUSE YOU SUCK AT D2? SAD. This sad pathetic excuse of a player is crying about something that doesn’t even effect him.

6 Likes