It's people trying to run dupe programs

I was playing during 1.09 to 1.12… they did a remove-dupe wave sometime then. The bugged and insanely-OP Ith items poofed but duped items continued to circulate.

Uh huh. You’re missing the glaring point that they have to dupe the item first.

You know how hard it would be to scan database and then fix it manually to avoid much easier database rollback? Yes its always possible but cost money big time so nobody cares if its possible.

1 Like

Block function does not work but ignore and name does.

Also, does the “prove your not a bot login randomizer” not seem to be an option for blizzard? We cant cure but curbing has results with this option. My company did this a while back back it dropped loopers by 41% and over 9 years it only increased it back 6%

Id rather let ppl dupe than put up with this tbh you anti vaxers! Give our game back! Where is my ITH BLADE??

I’m really not sure if it’s people trying to dupe by crashing the servers. A server reboot and possible rollback shouldn’t take that much time to complete. Yesterday the game was down for 8+ hours?

Whatever the reason is, I just wish it wasn’t during the only time I have to play… Night shift…

It was terrible… dont forget the great character lock of circa 12 oct 2021 8:30pm aussie time. I guess it brought me back to the good old horrifying days ahah.

I don’t think it’s duping that crashing servers. There are multiple servers. Probably hundreds of servers. Duping on server and crashing that one server should only affect that one server. Currently at least US and EU realms are down.

If there are duping method that crashes all the realms that would be serious problem. Also it would be extremely stupid thing to do. If someone causing this and Blizzard can track them down the bill will be millions of dollars.

Day 4 would like a word with you :stuck_out_tongue:

same with Asia, its like couple days ago

If it is true, then why don they simply say so? Giving the “we know” “we working” " sorry" just infuriate people. I bet most of us would be okay/understanding, if they are really fighting duping, botting, RMT cheaters

it is like 4 days in a row for Asia right at night time where you want to chill and farm some stuff.

they dont mind considering the amount of profit they make

haha yeah,me and my brother have little time to enjoy this but here we go 4 days

Inb4 some pity post about devs

…it’s people using an old method to dupe.
they gather as much valuable things as possible
they packet sniff when the last server record was
they time out when the next one should be
they trade as much as humanly possible from 1 char to another
they sell the stuff on the char that received it
they crash the servers
the servers then roll back to the last time they saved
now they have all the money made from it, plus they get all their items back. rinse and repeat. server status only updates once or twice a day.
this isn’t particularly blizzard sucking. it’s PEOPLE sucking. people are intentionally crashing the servers to use this dupe method. that’s also why it’s happening at the same time of day every day now.

Cool story bro, any proof this is happening?

@ Soloist Yea its ridiculous. Amateur hour!

Dead and abadonded is not the same. He meant abadonded by blizz meaning no more checks or bans, you could pretty much run bot 24/7. You would then be online to check for items and try to trade for BiS for your other characters. That is why you would still see some ppl, or doing pvp which required brutally expensive equips (without bots and trading impossible). If you look at fresh d2r prices try to check some pvp builds and see how many jah,bers etc are in, items with perfect stats or some GZ rare items which you could not even buy in game because the price was too high (JSP and likes). This was my highest expectation, everything is nice for me as is, was just hoping that maybe they will keep it clean at least till D4. If they dont, i promised myself its 3rd strike for me with my favourite company.