Items disappearing randomly from personal stash and inventory

During game play or when I enter a new game, I have several items missing that I’ve had through the course of playing. My tomes also disappear after a few games. its random and haven’t noticed anything that coincides with items disappearing. It seems it happens after I play in one game and then enter a new one. I try to open a tp and will notice tomes are gone a couple of charms. I head to town and items in my stash are missing. Some full rejuvys or other random one space items. This is super frustrating as I am losing items I found and was utilizing.

EDIT: For example, I found a trangs wing and left on my character, and went to a new game, That item was there and then 3 charms disappeared that I’ve had for weeks on my character. Also in my personal stash I’m missing 2 random jewels and 3 small charms in a random locations. I took pics before I exited the previous game and when I went to next game, items were gone.

9 Likes

same thing happened to me… My torch, anni gheeds, small charms…

3 Likes

Same thing here. Random charms and tomes just dissappearing out of no where. I tested it by keeping a crap item specifically in my “backpack” or inventory right next to my tome of tp. I then save/exit and make a new game. POOF, tome of tp and tome of id was gone, the item i saved was intact, but i was also now missing a few random small charms and items from my stash.

So ridiculous how there doesnt seem to be a check and balance of characters and since they are only saved on Blizzard side well, now I guess we are just a55ed out of those items.

For a game that is LITERALLY about LOOT and the entire basis of why we play, items disappearing after putting in so much time is completely unacceptable. I can deal with server issues here and there or whatever, but items POOFING?! Absolutely not.

5 Likes

Hi Mysty, that’s a known bug which is currently in the game. See my thread from October 25th:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/repeatedly-losing-items-in-inventory/42992

and firn’s thread from October 24th:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/charms-keep-disappearing-from-inventory-and-storage/41512/5

In the meantime, firn has even created a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUOv6pbhp8

So far the only safe way to prevent the bug from happening is by not playing the game until Blizzard has fixed it.

Best regards,
Ladriel

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your stuff going missing.

I myself also lost my stuff cause of these bugs on blizzard’s side.

They won’t restore any of our items or characters… so yeah.
Play at your own risk. Cause I don’t want a game to punish me this much… so I’m waiting till ladder S1… and praying that these issues are fixed and a system is in place to mitigate this damage.

Stay warm out there travelers.

2 Likes

I was beginning to think I lost my mind. You go to the next game and more items gone. I can’t believe they haven’t fix this or acknowledged it is a problem. I guess I won’t be playing till this is fixed.

2 Likes

Same happened to me, what can I do?

2 Likes

I have the impression that no one from Blizzard is reading threads in this forum. That’s why our most promising chance is probably to get a famous streamer involved. We need to collect proof that this bug is a real thing and then get someone with a huge fanbase to create a video about it.

3 Likes

Good time of the day to everyone, I have a problem, small charms have disappeared from the inventory, how can I restore them? My friends have the same problem

There seems to be nothing we can do. Just stop playing till they fix the bugs and errors. I hate to be that person, but I hope it happens to a high profile gamer who is doing streams and YouTube vids. Once they experience it, and put it on blast. We may get this bug fixed.

1 Like

Wow that’s scary. Are the charms random or are they just the most valuable items of the bunch?

Hi Meethos,

its definitely not always the most valuable item (for example I still do have my torch - or let’s say, last time I checked, it was still there). If there is a systematic behaviour, I haven’t fully understood it yet. Here’s the details for my cases of the bug’s appearance:

https://ibb.co/3yC45fQ
1 Like

same hapened to me just now, 4 charms disapeared

same happened to me

small charms

scroll books

keys

all disappeared

1 Like

The real question is: Why is it happening to some players while others are not affected? What do we have in common?

2 Likes

similar experience to other reports. I was in act IV and died. I hit Save and Exit without picking up character. Next day I logged in and character was on the ground. When I picked up the gear I had everything except my gloves, boots, and head gear. Cannot think of any reason why these specific pieces of gear would be missing after logging back in. Sadly the head piece was a Harlequin’s Crest

Hi Br1ck4,

that’s also strange, especially since a Harlequin’s Crest doesn’t have high requirements, neither did the gloves probably. I only know of problems regarding the death mechanic, when some of the items need stat points of others to meet their requirements. Since there are so many voices here in the forums talking about vanishing items linked to the death mechanic, there really seems to be something off with it as well. However, here we are speaking of a bug that is not related to dying or bodys at all. It’s about items in the inventory that just disappear from one game to the next with no dying involved.

Nevertheless, upon analysis, both topics could lead to the same kind of problem with Blizzards databases not saving items correctly…

It seems to start with the tomes disappearing first. Since it’s random. Then more and more stuff. I would suggest to everyone it’s happening to, to wait till the next patch maybe, before logging in again. It’s a risk every time for more stuff to just poof and vanish.

1 Like

Some are guessing that Blizzard didn’t increase a character’s save file size (at all or not enough) when they increased personal stash size.
There’s too many item records to keep on the limited character file so it’s randomly poofing items.
Edit: this guess is also credible considering once the poofing starts for a character, it keeps on happening because their character data keeps overflowing the limit.

Reorganize your entire inventory, personal stash, and shared stashes until Blizzard fixes this. Keep those as light as possible and mule whatever valuable you can.

3 Likes

Wow, this makes so much sense.

Before the bugs appeared for me, I shifted some equipment to mules and placed a lot of 1slot jewellery in the stash tab of my main. So the number of items on my main increased quite a lot, since 6 rings/amulets take as much space as an armor for example.

And now since there are too many items on this character, the bug appears over and over again. Whereas for other players who are maybe mainly storing equipment in their stash, they are safely below the threshold and the bug never happens.