Item price guide for new players - read before you trade

I don’t understand how mathematically Sur is only worth 1 HR if Ber is 2.7 when Sur is literally half a Ber. The arbitrage opportunity would be immense by this pricing model so who wouldn’t take advantage? But markets only allow for that until prices reach an equilibrium. By which, a Ber comes down to 2 HR or the Sur becomes worth 1.35. Don’t quote me use cases either, the usefulness of a Sur is primarily the fact that it’s half a Ber; ergo, giving it the value of half a Ber.

Because you still need 2 sur runes and would have to cube them up. Demand for Sur runes it fairly low. You have to work harder to get Sur runes. Demand for Ber runes is high so there value is higher.

The only reason Sur rune is even valued at 1hr is because they can be cubed up to Ber and for Last Wish. But people with 3 Jahs to make Last Wish are probably not hard up for Sur Runes.

That doesn’t make any sense. The demand of a Ber is what drives people to want 2x Sur if it’s cheaper to get 2x Sur… Imagine a Ber costs you $2.70, or you can get the same Ber by simply paying $1.00 twice for 2x Sur and putting it in a cube, you just saved $0.70. It wouldn’t matter if no runewords used Sur, my point is Sur should always be worth half a Ber because that is literally what it is. Also, the demand for Sur was only low back in D2LoD because things were duped to no end, so why bother going for a Sur when a Ber itself costs so little? That is not the case right now. The demand for Sur is directly correlated to the demand for Ber, and this is how it should be. Whatever Ber is worth, Sur is half.

2 Likes

Yeah, Sur is always 1/2 Ber. Makes zero sense otherwise. Unless that flawless amethyst needed to cube them is 0.35 hr ^^

1 Like

Like I said, you need 2 sur to make ber. 1 Sur is not worth Lo+Vex just like Sur isn’t worth 2 Lo even though literally if you cube up to Lo runes you get a Sur. The value isn’t based on what they cube up to, Jah isn’t worth 2 Ber even though you can cube up two Ber into Jah.

You could probably find someone who will trade you 1 Ber for 2 Sur, just like you could probably find someone to trade 1 Ber for Sur+Lo but it’s unlikely because 1 Ber is unlikely to trade for less than Sur+Lo+Vex.

If you have 1 Sur already you probably will be willing to trade a Ber for Sur+Lo because it gives you that 0.7 profit of getting another Ber rune out of it. But if you don’t already have a Sur rune, trading Ber for Sur+Lo is just not worth it, you will have to find another Sur rune to cube up to Ber. The time it would take to get another Sur rune wouldn’t be worth it and you would at most break even or even cube up to Ber for a loss.

Time = Money. You spend time to get that other sur to cube up to ber. There is less demand for Sur than there is for Ber. It’s much easier to trade a Ber or a Lo than it is a Sur.

1 Like

Nah. Few clicks to cube them takes zero time.

If what you say is true, you wont have problem giving me 2 Sur + 4 Ist vs my Ber ? :wink: You would still make a profit according to your logic as 2 Sur + 4 Ist is 2.60 HR while Ber is 2.70 xD

3 Likes

You have to have a Sur already to make it profitable. I already said that. You clearly cannot understand basic economics.

1 Like

LOL. @Infernal, I think we’re wasting our time. This guy doesn’t understand arbitrage but is bringing up “basic economics” and using terrible examples.

3 Likes

Uh ? I will even give you Ber for 2 Sur + 1 Ist, that is super profitable for you according to your pricing… you get more than 3 free Ists man…

1 Like

No it’s not, but how about Sur+Zod+Gul for Ber?

2 Sur = Ber
Sur+Lo+Ohm = Ber

That is not profitable for me.
Zod is not wanted, especially in early state of game. I cannot break it in lower runes.
I can cube Surs into any higher useful runes though.

You did not explain why it is not profitable to give me 2 Sur + Ist for one Ber, when you say 2 Sur + Ist = 2.15 and Ber = 2.70…

2 Lo = 2 Sur = Ber ≠ Sur+Lo

I give up. You contradict yourself with basic math.

2 Likes

HAHAHA. I have no words for this. Thanks for the chuckle though.

1 Like

The prices here are pretty off.

Here are the current estimated values

Ber ~16 ist
Jah ~13.3 ist
Sur ~8 ist
Lo ~8 ist
Ohm ~4.8 ist
Zod ~2.8 ist
Vex ~2.3 ist
Cham ~1.15 ist
Gul ~1.15 ist
Mal ~0.5 ist
Um ~0.26 ist
Pul ~0.16 ist
Lem ~0.13 ist

This is what they are currently being traded for on average. There will always be exceptions as is with supply and demand. Someone might trade a ber for less than it’s valued because they are in a hurry for something specific or just don’t care.

Also another edit: THIS CHANGES DAILY. Just the other day ber and jah was traded at equal value. This may not hold accurate 2 days from now. Certain things rise and fall in value.

For example, a shako was so overvalued in the start of the launch, now it’s going for an ist on average.

1 Like

This feels pretty accurate. Although i’d say Ber is more or less equal to Jah.
Infi requiring 2 Ber is the most desirable runeword in early state of game, but enigma is very close. Depends on how many ppl want to play light sorc and how many want hammerdin :slight_smile:

Jah and Ber nearly always trade 1:1 because the drop rate offsets the usage rate.

No one needs Sur so they are unlikely to trade for a Sur unless they already have a Sur, that makes Sur valued less than Lo on a 1:1 but Sur gains value because it can be cubed up to Ber but as it requires have 2 Sur runes. 1 Sur rune is not as valuable to people.

Lo is used in many runewords and you only need 1 to make them so a single Lo rune is worth more than a single sur rune.

But when you have 2 sur runes then it has the same value as a single Ber rune.

A 1 carat diamond is worth more than two 1/2 carat diamonds.

1 Like

This is usually true and has been true, but the market has shifted over the last day or so. I assume due to the demand for infinity runewords with the rise of light builds.

Ok, I get what you are saying, basically if someone wants Ber fast, right now, he is basically willing to overpay. But that can be said for any item in the game.
If someone is not in a hurry and want to make profitable, or at least fair trade, the one single Sur is like 49,9% of a Ber.
Otherwise almost noone would ever trade for Ber when trading for Surs is so much cheaper.

And the comparison with diamonds is bad, it would take insane effort (if not straight impossible) to merge the two 1/2c diamonds into one 1c, while merging the Surs is super easy and instant.

How would you make the comparison between these runes with pgems? Like how many pgems would each of those runes be worth? I understand that some high runes would go for a LOT of pgems like maybe in the 100s or something but like in general what would you say like an ist rune be worth in pgems? Also, I understand that some pgems are valued more than the other ones but I am not sure which one(s). Of course this all changes daily due to demand and stuff but I would really love like a price guide like the OP to start with so I can get the general idea of what each of them are worth and make similar comparisons with them.