Is this intended?

After two days of complainin’ about not having access to the new runewords in Single Player according to the patch notes, thanks to someone on the boards, I discovered we actually can create them.

So now my question is: Is this intended? I don’t see why it wouldn’t be but also it isn’t beyond Blizzard to make a mistake and make them available before Ladder hits. What I’m wondering is, is my Unbending Will for my Frenzy Barb Merc going to disappear?

1 Like

Are you gonna go freakazoid again if it does turn out to be a mistake?
Just curious – I used up all of my popcorn the other day and need to restock if you’re planning a sequel.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: savage…

1 Like

No, but let’s not pretend that you two didn’t help provoke the reaction. Going on and on about Single Player “not needing the runewords” and “just play Ladder”.

I’m not pretending anything. And nobody was trying to provoke you.
You did that all by yourself.

Sorry for the popcorn bit. But you were joking about the whole thing not too long after the server came back up, so I thought you could handle a little levity now.
Apparently not, so lets not go down that path again.

Hopefully they didn’t screw up on their end, and taunt you with a mistake.
I am hoping that you having access to your runewords now was meant to happen.
Have fun.

1 Like

Give your runeword to mule char, copy save files and keep then separated. If it will get fix, just use that save file later when runewords were supposed to work originaly(after season end)

2 Likes

I went in the game files to check this and i can confirm that as for right now new runewords ARE NOT AVAILABLE for the single player or non-ladder for the unmodded version of the game.

UPD: Actually it seems to be working in game just fine despite it being ladder only in the game files.

I come off wrong, I wasn’t bothered by your reply to this thread just pointing out that I had an original reaction and the responses to that reaction is what lead to more frustration.

For the record, in the thread where I found out Single Player can make the runewords, I apologized for my behavior. Should have made it more obvious by repeating the apology here.

But seriously, I apologize for upsetting the boards with my reaction.

3 Likes

Multiple people have found otherwise by actually making the new runewords in offline single-player.

I prefer not to mess with game files. So my plan is to just use the cheap new runewords, which are pretty powerful in their own right and if, hopefully a big if, they deactivate the runewords in single player, then I can just remake them and/or wait for confirmation that this isn’t some sort of bug.

https:// i.imgur .com /u56HxLd.jpg

Here is the runes.txt that i extracted from the game files. Number “1” in the column “D” means that it’s a ladder only runeword

1 Like

Its not messing with anything. Its very simple move. I do stuff like that all the time without any issue.

Doesn’t preclude them from being open to Single Player. On Arreat Summit there’s several “Ladder Only” runewords and cube recipes that are also available Single Player marked with red notes.

Seems a similar situation.

Zax,

What I meant is even though it might be as simple as saving one file or another, I’m not confident that I can do it without messing something up. Completely untechnical savvy, that’s me.

Tested it in game and can confirm that it actually does work(tested on wisdom, flickering flame and plauge) despite it being ladder only in the game files.

Single player only, or online too?

Single Player only. Which is why I’m unsure if it’s intended or not. It could be intended but it could also be unintended.

They intended to give Ladder only RWs to SP after the Ladder. So this might be unintended. But then online should also have it. Or if it’s intended they could’ve changed their mind along the way.

1 Like

Yep. I’m only making the really easy ones right now, nothing that requires more than a Pul rune. As far as bases, It’s really the high rune ones that you start having to hunt for more rare bases. So for right, now I can play with Unending Will on my frenzy barb but if they break the new runewords on Single Player, I didn’t lose anything that can’t be replaced when they’re re-allowed.

1 Like

Yupp my assassin will love her Pattern Claw😄

Ran a Countess Run and I knew it was going to be a good one when I got two runes on the first floor, replaced the Fal I used to make Unending Will on the third floor and low and behold got an Ist from the Countess. Really close to being able to make a Silence now which will be awesome.

1 Like