Is there 'Legit' OFFLINE character editor for D2: R?

this is not true just unplugged my ethernet and loaded up the game in the off chance they patched this in today, they did not, it still works fine.

Not true. Not full-time, anyway.
The only time you need to be connected to the internet is for the 30-day re-authentications.

Other than that, you can create a shortcut for the exe file in order to bypass the launcher and block the game from connecting to the internet via your firewall settings, or just turn off your internet connection before you start the game via your shortcut.

Itā€™s a minor headache, especially with having to log-in online to re-authenticate every 30 days, but most of the time you CAN play truly offline.

Nope. Not even close. Maybe try learning about the game before spewing this kind of crap. Offline character are not saved on Blizzardā€™s servers. They are stored only on your computer. You only need to log onto their authentication server to make sure you own the game. Once you do that, you can play completely offline without an internet connection for another 30 days.

Even if you do play with an internet connection, your offline characters remain local. Blizzard never sees them and they never transfer to their servers at all. That is why, when you delete the characters on your PC, you lose them and will not find a copy on Blizzardā€™s servers.

1 Like

Make the character in D2LoD, edit with Hero Editor, save it, drag the character file to D2R folder, log in and voila ā€¦ if considering tweaking said character, copy the char file to D2R, after logging in and need to tweak, go back to original char file in D2LoD open in Hero Editor, tweak it, copy it to D2R again, and so on ā€¦ pretty easy process.

OR you mean like a mode that dials back the rediculous RNG on drops so that itā€™s still a game of RNG but not something that requires complete lifeless dedication to it.

https://d2s.dschu012.dev/
1 Like

Use Mastadexā€™s hero editor and Kingpintz item packā€¦ that should get you started on modding your save file offlineā€¦ it still works to this day.

Iā€™ve created an updated Hero Editor

https://d2runewizard.com/hero-editor
1 Like

Cool. I shall have to check that out. I just started playing D2:R offline again since S27 for D3 is just meh. Back in the day I had a ā€˜legitā€™ character and a ā€˜bsā€™ character. The second one I would just mess around with skills, weapon/armor procs, and so on. That would be fun for a short period of time. It usually spawned an idea for another ā€˜legitā€™ character to play. Rinse / repeat. Have fun.