Is there a ETA on the crash fix

Apparently alot of people cant play the game and have been waiting for the game to have a bug fix for the AVX.

Some like myself cant even get to the Character creation it just crashes others were lucky to play but then crashes when they get to a certain point of the game.

I noticed you got upset on the Fix the crash already thread was made due to swearing so I wont use swear words.

The point is no one at this point should provide you with any logs or screen shots the game has been out for about a week so all Im hoping is that it is fix by the end of October as I really dont want Blizzard to go under before 2026 comes around due to its been a gaming company that I have enjoyed since I was 7 first playing Diablo 1.

We are all waiting for any news here ! Personally, I visit the forum every hour in the hope of seeing corrections!
As far as I know there are no definite deadlines

2 Likes

yep I got alot of threads open on my tabs to keep up with any updates as I as I rather not use twitter for this.

If they have news, they will add it to the thread pinned at the top of the forum. The AVX issue isn’t a bug, it’s a problem that occurs because some processors don’t have this instruction set built into them (usually chips made prior to 2011). They have not confirmed if they will be able to remove it as a requirement.

(usually chips made prior to 2011) Lie

Im not a computer wiz so I dont know all the things that is with a computer what I do know is Starcraft 2 its expansion packs Warcraft 3 reforged Starcraft remastered and Diablo 3 all work for me.

I dont care how long it takes to get fixed as Im a causal player what I do know due to many people having problems with the game Its not a smart business decision to release a game in a broken state without many test runs.

Regardless I can be patient as I know they are some people in blizzard who actually care about being in the business to make video games like how it was before Blizzard tried to get in the China Market.

That was a typo, it’s 2013.

It’s their responsibility to remove it or provide an AVX toggle. They’ve already stated that they “inadvertently added AVX into the games architecture” so problem is due to their negligence that thousands of people cannot play their game 8 days into release. I can only assume they’ll try to make it right but not making this their #1 priority is a slap in the face to players who are waiting & unable to get past the click play button. They’re pushing other updates currently ahead of something that is fundamentally broken & needs their undivided attention. Given the past debacles which are still unresolved IE WarCraft 3 reforged. All we can do is wait & let them regurgitate information about QA not passing. It’s discerning but I’ll try to stay optimistic & wait some more according to Drakuloth’s last post yesterday: AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU) - #5340 by Drakuloth

2 Likes

In all honesty Im not that upset It will get fixed eventually the question is when as of now I downloaded the old D2 they want to continue to lose money thats their business.

1 Like

They didn’t add that as a requirement in the first place. Why isn’t this issue tested in beta, which is meant to be the place to test these things? It seems to be a huge miss on the part of your developers and product managers. Have you guys considered an RCA on why this slipped past testing?

I don’t believe Nicole would know, she’s an MVP Underling who is only trying to help. She doesn’t actually work for blizzard hence the green txt. All we can do is wait, but her post is correct it isn’t a bug but it is their fault whether that was accidental which they’ve stated or not. We will never know.

1 Like

Just a quick reminder, MVPs are other players who spend time troubleshooting and helping out their fellow forum goers. They don’t work for Blizzard, represent Blizzard, or speak for Blizzard.

All we get is green text so folks have some idea that what we say had a higher chance of being accurate than average (not that we also don’t make mistakes!).

Greens don’t have anything to do with Blizzard Beta testing process or anything else. They just help deal with the fallout like you do.

As for follow up. I assume, like any other company, someone will be asking why major hardware changes were added after Beta.

1 Like

I guess i forgot to reply to him directly, but was trying to help him understand that. :v:

1 Like

You and I hit post within 30 seconds of each other. All good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you in the same boat of not being able to play Diablo MissCheetah?

1 Like

I can play fairly well. I had some rollbacks the first day and of course down time during Maint.

I can play it on my desktop and my laptop. Both are sort of in the lower end of specs.

Desktop (Frankenputer from hand me down parts)

• i5-3570K@3.5GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • GTX 970

Alienware 2013 Laptop

• i7-3630@2.4GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • GTX 650M

I keep the settings down low, but it runs pretty darn well for me and I don’t have crashing or synch issues.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Sparxbarx - crashes

Hey all,

There’s already a board on this and all updates will be provided on this thread. Making extra topics on this only makes the boards less usable for people who have other issues which we may be able to help troubleshoot.