After many hours of playing, I am level 13 and have the following stats:

Strength: 33
Dexterity: 43
Vitality: 44

And my talents are in:

Werewolf - 8
Lycanthropy - 3
Feral Rage -1

I thought there was unlimited respeccing, so I respecced once already and dumped everything into Werewolf to try it out.

But I’ve also been developing my character’s melee specs, as I didn’t aim to depend on using a transformation. Now the Werewolf thing is all I have to use as a special ability. And it doesn’t really do different damage / speed than my regular melee weapon with 2 gems in it does.

Is this character f’ed, and will it pretty much be locked into Werewolf for the rest of the game? fffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If I start dumping talent points into elemental and summoning now, will this character be sh*t for the rest of the game?

Google some builds. Or play til nightmare and go for the akara respec.

One respec per difficulty through the akara quest in act 1. And in hell you can farm for parts to build a token for a respec.

It is unlimited, but with a little effort. Not that shallow boring d3 system.

2 Likes

It is not screwed if you are going for fury druid build.
starting from level 14 put 1 point into the following:
Raven
Oak Sage
Summon Spirit Wolf
Then starting to level up Feral Rage to level 4. Put one point into Summon Dire Wolf at level 18.
Afterward, put more points into Werewolf or Lycanthropy until level 29.
Save a point at level 29.
On level 30 1 point into fury and 1 point into Summon Grizzly.

Note on: Werewolf and Lycanthropy
Increasing Werewolf mainly for increasing attack rating.
Increasing Lycanthropy mainly for increasing HP

Try to shop a two-socket Axe and farm countess to make Steel. Remake another Steel if you buy or find a better Axe.

You will need more Strength at this point. It is a little for equipping your weapon.

However, it is screwed if you want to play element druid. Remake another druid if you want to play element druid.

p.s. Fury druid is a very strong melee character

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions.

I started a new druid character and have gotten him up to level 14 15. I didn’t spend any skill points until level 14, and then did some research into what the general effective builds can be.

A fury druid doesn’t seem like a very engaging character, to me. I like to have a bit more to think about and manage than what that build looks to me like it affords.

I actually prefer that Diablo 2 doesn’t normally allow for respeccing. I was just caught off-guard by it, after seeing respeccing offered by the woman in the first camp. It’d been a very long time since I played Diablo 2.

1 Like

your not screwed at that low of a level.

Now if you were in your 40’s, and had already spent both normal and nightmare respecs, then you’d be in trouble. Nightmare can be tough to finish with a bad spec. Hell will be impossible.

But in normal when your still in your teens? you got plenty of time to try things out. And don’t worry too much about messing some points up here and there. the game doesn’t really get tougher until act 4 or so.

I find easier to play as Bear than Werewolf early game, the massive HP boost from bear can make you effectively tank things + Oak Sage make it sound unfair for enemies.

You get 3 “free” respecs as a quest reward, 1 in normal, 1 in nightmare, 1 in hell. You can also clear normal with pretty much any spec. So you’re fine for now. Just have fun in normal, do your research and use your nightmare respec to switch to the build you really want. Even then you’ll still have your hell respec but you don’t want to use that unless you have no other choice.

Just a suggestion - start over and focus on fire elemental skills as they are powerful and mobby then respec into werewolf at level 35 to get some good fury multi-hits. At that point you should be pretty good to go on the werewolf build.

you can go for fury build. just build your lycantropy and fury has high damage high vitality

Well you can actually respec 3 times for free (Akara a1 den quest). But those stats look like you can go Fury-Wolf build which is very viable imo. Besides, you can park him for a while if you’re unsure, make another high level char and farm for those respec tokens or trade for them. You’re not screwed at all tbh :slight_smile:

I had the same question about my Druid! Levelling and Summoning Oak Tree has no impact on my life pool. Am I misunderstanding the mechanics of that skill? Seems straightforward.

Oak Tree only buffs your HP when out of the towns. Try summoning it on the field

Ugh… yerp… So I’m just dying for other reasons. Makes more sense. Thankyou!

Yup. pay attention to your defense rating. It doesn’t impact spells, but it impacts the chance for mobs to hit you. higher defense and resists = survive longer