Is Firewall really bugged?

Only thing I’ll say is if it’s ticking faster than it should dont be surprised if it’s fixed, so have a reset token ready.

Leave it up to social media to ruin yet another thing fun in the game. What happened to the good old days where people just shut up and play the game?

I have a lvl 94 sorc with full Tal Rasha. Hit 93 1st week of release. Just saying that before I get some shade thrown at me. And YES, my sorc uses firewall since level 24.

1 Like

If Debrunksi was able to solo ubers with a firewall sorc, this is an example of buffs (unintended in this case) making the game more interesting.

Is there actually anything impressive of a pally using smite and holding left click?

Let me know in the comment section below, I’m not a D2 expert.

Yes, but the spell animation is a -faction of the time compare to the cool down. FCR is. Ice to have, but not as critic and the points to hit FCR breakpoint can be use for other stats, gears all things considered

I would cite “Cold Mastery” being fixed, then broken again because “that’s how it always was”.

If you play single player, there’s a command for unlimited reset skill.

Sure, but it wasan’t fixed. Cold mastery is just very poorly explained like many things in D2. I thought the new was fixed but the skill is not supposed to affect cold immunes, so breaking it was a bug. Even though it makes much more sense.

They should just let Firewall stay the way it is now. Let it be awesome.

3 Likes

I mean, if they ever get the end-game anti-sorceress hate under control, Firewall might be too strong. But fixing the absolutely stupid mechanics of Ubers and Pandemonium Diablo would involve pretty substantial changes.

You’ll just need to make a “Token Of Absolution”

I haven’t ran FW yet so this is a genuine question: Is it doing more damage total, or less damage faster? Like doing 1000 damage 5 times a second is the same as doing 500 damage 10 times a second (unless the monsters can flinch from it then it has stunlock potential) but it might feel more powerful if it’s doing damage faster.

Though I guess with faster hit rate it would damage a monster moving through it more cause it could be the difference of a mob walking through it getting hit once or twice and getting hit like 5 times.

I agree. The last thing this game needs is yet another skill no one wants to use.

did anyone test if this happens with all fire dots?

immolation arrow?

bowzon comeback?

Yet, the problem is that characters that NEED a respec often can’t get one.

Like, if you though cold mastery now broke cold immunes, and realized your mistake – you can’t clear Chaos Sanctuary nor Throne, and can’t get green or red essences.

Your only hope is farming mephisto / ancient tunnels to make your merc powerful enough to kill the cold immunes.

Seems to be killing as effectively as it did prior to the synergy revamp. Makes it like the good old days.

You can do chaos in under 3 minutes with a pure blizzard sorc. Just need a merc that is worth a damn. Throne is fine too pure cold. The only mobs that are an issue are harpies and the skeletons in wave 2.

You can still farm np :slight_smile:

The new graphical engine is purely cosmetic. All actual game logic is still running on the original engine at 25 FPS max

2 Likes

I am running a fireball/frozen orb sorc. As long as I am careful about positioning, I can clear all 5 bosses without much problem, but some are slower than others. You can play as a single element sorc if you want, but there will be more places you run into enemies you can’t kill, until you get higher level gear. Yes, a light sorc with infinity is crazy strong, but infinity is crazy expensive.

Finally someone with a brain.