Is end game barb helm swap a thing for BO?

Was wondering, I found a pretty nice barb helm with:
+1 to barb skills
+3 to war cry
+3 to battle order

Keeper?

I’d hang on to it. I used a helm like that and other +skill items to prebuff prior to a hell boss kill. Might be nice if you get to Ubers. You might find a better one later on.

worth keeping around, if you end up not using it a month later maybe vendor it if you run out of space.

I tend to go no further then warcy javs on my swap. Call me lazy, but I am not a fan of swapping gear sets to get an extra skill point or the minute buff they provide. I’ve never had any issues with just the javs…I even used dual spirits for a long time until got the javs.

1 Like

Swaping helmets seens like a hassle, but if you dont mind. I am not sure i have seen people do it

Where do you find the javs with + to warcries from? From vendors? Or are they random drops? And from where?

You can shop them in Act 5 starting in NM, but they seem much more common in Hell Difficulty. Both Malah and Anya can sell them, Anya is often the go-to because she’s right next to the red portal to Pindle that you can use to reset her wares. Malah you have to run back to the WP (or keep using TPs).

Look for the “Echoing” prefix, that gives +3 Warcries (Barbarian Only), they can appear on any of the javelin class weapons that Malah and Anya sell. Gets you +6 WC with just a weapon switch and the time to look for the items, so it’s pretty nice.

You can buy +1 Warcries even in Norm, but when you’re out of norm the time sync to do it is probably not worth it.

2 Likes

Ahh ok. Thank you :slight_smile: .

Also, something else to note:

Even weapon swap for WC isn’t necessary. Very nice, but not necessary. For a time, until I could get the perfect setup, I ran lightsaber and Lawbringer on swap to deal with phys immunes. using the warcy jav’s is a healthy boost, and end game goal, but make sure you don’t limit yourself but thinking you have to have them.

But they are very easy (if time consuming) and cheap to get, so they become the standard for the hork swap (unless you want to run dual Ali baba’s on swap for Magic find).

1 Like

I rolled a 2nd call to arms. Imagine the sad surprise that the offhand one regardless of roll only adds the 1 skill point. Not the 6 to BO. So best setup for off hands apparently is 1 perfect call to arms and. +3 warcries blue. :man_shrugging:t2:. Sucks when numbers don’t add up like they should. Chalk it up to the bug list.

Not a bug, its the way oskills work:

Same class cap

Oskills are capped to +3 skill levels if used by their native class. For example, the four-piece set bonus for Trang-Oul’s Avatar is +10 to [Meteor]. Classes other than [Sorceress] will be able to cast a level 10 Meteor (or higher, with + to all skills) while wearing four pieces of Trang-Oul’s. A Sorceress wearing the same will receive only +3 to her existing Meteor skill, however. This allows oskill bonuses to be large enough to be useful to other classes without being overpowered for their native class.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Oskill

That’s why I never bother with CTA on barb, and just go with 2x echoing weaps on switch for total of +6 warcries.

Cept like I said… the offhand perfect cata only added +1 not +3…. Meanwhile just using one perfect adds 6…. So…. Bug….

Hmm that is strange. I would think a 1 perfect one would add 4 (+3 BO, +1 All skills) and then a second would only add 1 additional one (+1 all skills only because you’re at the oskills cap).

Your original original post just said the second one only added one, it wasn’t clear that the first was adding 6.

The best prebuff barb helm you can get is 6 bo helm… you find a blue barb helm that has 3 warcries 3 battle orders.

You can roll +6bo. A perfect would actually add 7.

Good call on 6 being max for BO. I’ve honestly not paid them as much attention as I should have since the max o-skills stuff never made it seem worth it vs. 2x Echoing weapons, but it does seem like you’d be able to get over the +6 BO with them with well rolled CTA.

Yeah apparently just 2 +3 vendors or 2 hoto if you have the bread are the best options :man_shrugging:t2: