Is D4 any good?

It’s been almost a year since D4 came out.
I was very disappointed with the game during the beta, so I decided to wait.

In what state is the game nowadays? Is it worth the money?

What kind of activities are there and are they fun?
How’s the itemization? Is it the same nonsense as it was on release, or did they fix it?

Do yourself a favor and save your money for a finished product from another company.

9 Likes

Season 4 will have the itemization changes. But the PTR showcased the changes while some good. Wait for the final patch notes of season 4 and then debate weather or not to hop back in.

2 Likes

Sounds good and and well. Do you have any recomendations?

From what I saw, the game has announced expansion pack for late 2024. It has a freaking short trailer…
but…
any idea what the features actualy are?

I played D4 in the open Beta and decided it was not for me. Changes so far still do not have me interested. I agree with the above wait for after the next big patch and then review what Blizz delivered and how it was received by the playerbase

1 Like

Same here.

Again, they said there’s gonna be expansion late 2024, yet I’ve heard very little as to what that’s going to be.

1 Like

i don’t think d4 can be saved.

they are the company that made diablo 2. THEN they made diablo 3. they are the ones wil all the data, and yet they still chose to go with a more diablo 3 style game.

blizzard is doomed, they have been gone for some time. i don’t think d4 could ever be saved at this point, much like d3, the base game for it is just trash.

3 Likes

Going to be roughly another $100 or so…

3 Likes

Season 4 PTR was quite fun in it’s current iteration. Power creep is a new issue but relatively everything is good now. We also don’t know what the Season 4 mechanic will be, so that will add more to do in the game as well.

D4 at this current moment is trash. Do not play it.

1 Like

Maybe its because D3 does better? Naw, can’t possibly be that…

Diablo II is more worth playing than Diablo IV.

5 Likes

Does better what exactly?
Yesterday, in a state of utter stupidity and boredom, I decided to try and do buunties on NS in order to replace an item. Except for 2 useless bots, nobody joined.

At least in D2R there are people I can actually play with. They might be 10-20, but it’s still better than zero.

Diablo 4’s release left me with a sense of disappointment, primarily due to its failure to innovate and evolve the franchise in meaningful ways. While fans eagerly anticipated a fresh take on the beloved series, the game seemed to rehash familiar mechanics without adding substantial depth or innovation. The storyline felt predictable and lacked the narrative depth that could have engaged players on a deeper level. Additionally, the gameplay mechanics felt stale, failing to offer the same level of excitement and challenge that D2 has with elemental resists and synergies. Overall, Diablo 4 seemed to play it safe, they stuck to the features of their competitors at the time that did not resonate with many of the older Diablo fans. Then, they did not add features that Diablo players have been wanting for years. Lobbies, a place to trade, a place to meet others for groups, chat in general. Then they left out very important things like mercenaries, cows, fun and then Diablo himself.

Moreover, the game’s technical aspects fell short of expectations, with bugs, glitches, and performance issues plaguing the experience. These issues not only detracted from the immersion but also hindered the overall enjoyment of the game. Furthermore, the long development cycle and delays only served to heighten anticipation, making the underwhelming final product all the more disappointing. In essence, Diablo 4 lacked the innovation, depth, and polish needed to truly captivate players and live up to the legacy of its predecessors.

Add in the constant nerfs, mtx crowd, bad balance, indestructible classes, poor customer service, dumb social contract, fat druid, terrible world scaling and horrible community, then you quite possible have the most disappointing game in history.

9 Likes

Diablo 4 is a diablo snore, bore, and chore. It’s a terrible game. It’s not even really a game.

6 Likes

I would only invest money in Blizzard if you are satisfied with how they treat their classic games as a company.

2 Likes

Are visions of emnity ladder exclusive?

1 Like

Stop plugging that loser of a game …

This is NOT the D4 forum, just stop.

We do NOT care about that failure of a agame!

2 Likes

I can’t believe they got away with charging $100+ for early access to an unfinished game, and all because it’s named Diablo.

And then they celebrate “fastest selling Blizzard game of all time”. Congrats on being crypto scam devs over hyping and over selling features.

2 Likes

yeah it’s really worth it to buy Last Epoch

1 Like

Sometimes I think about getting into diablo 4… but then I remember the cost, and the micro transactions, and the cost of the upcoming expansion….

And then I think “all of this, to get back into a game I didn’t even like when it was free”…. And I back away and load up diablo 2 lol

4 Likes