Is Bladesin even better than Trapsin?

Bladesin is much more better than a trapsin. Just take Natalya’s set and shred everything in seconds. With Nat set you get enough protection even with bartucs. You can Tele kick in any monster group and the bladeshield will keep you alive with around 30% lifeleech.

das sagst du so einfach. ich hab ja nix^^ :rofl: wie gesagt. self found. da kannste nich einfach mal was ausm lager holen *g muss damit klar kommen was ich hab. (und nein ich beschwer mich ja garnich.^^)

I build a goldfind bladesi for travi runs.
That mean Ali Baba socket with 2 lem, Armor (lem jo Tier), crown of thieves, rare magic gloves, belt and shoes, amu 40eg 18 @.
Charms all grand charms with around 38eg, so nothing spacial and managed to walk with this gear without any problems at lvl75 to act 5. But I maxed out shadow master, wich helps a lot as damage blocker. You can still kill anything really fast without gear. I played trapsin 2 season’s as starter and I say , the bladesin is a better starter.

1 Like

Yea for pvm i just use an eth crescent moon until i got my edeath ettin.

Ias and eth dont matter on blade fury so its actually easy as you said to find weapons.

Of course its easy too for traps, just start with dual spirits until gg claws.

Barbs they are not.

The bladesin is absurd lmao

I tried a budget gear with natalya and all very cheap gear.

Then I started chaos and I was like : Well it works but it’s not as strong as I exptected.

Then I realized I was on slowly clearing chaos on /players 8 with a gear that’s not even worth 1 ist !!!

The difference between Trapsin and Bladesin is that Trapsin has a very low entry point. You can literally play trapsin with absolutely zero gear. Back in d2lod times, it was actually one of the common builds to start your season. However, trapsin also has a very low ceiling point. Because of how trap works there are very few ways to improve it’s damage. The way of improvement is also very linear.

On the other hand, bladesin is entirely another beast. It can technically play with 0 gear after 2.4, however, as you level up, one hidden AR requirement would set in and it throw people off. However, once you study and learn the mechanics of bladesin, you can approach it from many different angles, which give this lots of fun. I think something people may not know is that sanctuary aura works on Blade Sentinel and Blade Fury What that means is that you can literally equip sanctuary and handle majority of physical immune undead in the game with lawbringer sword at the very early stage. Bladesin is not an easy build, have shortcomings and tricks to learn, but once you get to know them, it gives you a very high ceiling point to archive, and this is why many people love bladesin. It is one very unique build in D2, you just gotta learn and adapt it’s playstyle

3 Likes

What is your skill points allocation?

60 points into the 3 blades, thats standard, anything else is rather customizable, unless you decide to use claws, then your rsining skill points are pretty much tied up to claw mastery

Another great endgame option is
Going hybrid. Combination with Light Sentry and Blades are very good against the immune hordes in act5 (Baal and nilathak). Use a plaque (optimal 3 to ls and bladesentinal or fury) phoenix shield. Enigma, rare fcr assa circlet and infinity.
I tested it with a Forti, pheonix, bartucs (don’t have a better claw at the moment) and reapers toll on Merc.
Doing 7.5k light DMG and around 6k blade DMG. Works good. Maybe its less effective in games with more then 3 players.

Hi! Recently found Greater Talons 3 OS, +3 to blade fury, +1 to dragon flight.
Are they a good base for plaque?
On one hand +3 to blade fury, and +1 to Dragon flight which means cheap teleport and possible + 5 to BF.
On the other hand these are exceptions claws, not elite like runic talons and can be used as offhand weapon only.

No. For blade fury you want an eth weapon.

Also plague isnt that suitable for physical range builds. Lower resist is pointless for physical builds. The ctc on struck is also useless for ranged build where youre just hanging back throwing blades.

Plague claws really shines for PSsins or hybrids where you lay traps and switch to MA melee.

For pure elemental traps, use plague on a sword for an act5 merc instead.

1 Like

Using an ethereal Chaos Suwayyah on an Assassin wearing Fortitude (armor) with the following stats:
10k sentry
5k fireblast
???k Blade fury (Character stat screen is bugged)

I put 6 hard points to Sentinel and 4 hard points to Blade Fury in order to maximize the damage from synergies. No blade shield because it drops durability. With this setup (dual claw, 1 point claw mastery) the Blade Fury will kill all non-immune monsters in 1-2 hits with only myself in a game. For the very small investment into the skill, it’s performing quite well.

That said, it’s not often I feel like I need to use the skill and simply use it for fun. The mercenary and my lvl 1 kicks already provided physical damage, though it’s far safer to use Blade Fury from afar (not that safety is ever really an issue anyway on her).