Insight IG for Sorceress: Is this actually viable?

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are around using an Iron Golem made from an Insight via Metalgrid charges. Are you able to run this type of setup without it falling over too often?

For context: 2.5 patch notes state that there’s a fix to the issue where Iron Golems created by charges don’t persisting after a save and exit.

I think as long as u have TP to re-position, it will greatly reduce the chances of iron golem getting killed. Another 2 builds are Summoning Druid and Necro which is also viable w/o TP.

Otherwise, i think is a no go for melee like Barb.

I’m sensing that this IG based strategy is only viable for certain types of builds, even if all builds in question have teleport.

I tried it with a bowazon and found that it died far too much for my liking. A few differences I can note here:

• Amazons have much slower cast rate, making each teleport painful towards her DPS output
  • Bowazons aren’t OP. Wish more builds were as well balanced as bowazons to be honest, but it does mean that she can’t kill things so quickly that they don’t have a chance to swing at the IG. Still a non-issue in players 1 but players 8 it’s noticeable
  • Bowazon using Metalgrid is likely making the IG from Beast instead of Insight. The difference in cost between those 2 runewords is like night and day

Seen youtuber sweetphills tried it with a nova sorc and merc need to wear flickering flame for the fire resist aura so can increase metal grid iron golem survivability especially in CS. but still have to be very careful when encountering those wisp or fetish.