In game chat and lobbies

Here is THE ONLY update on chat that blizzard gave us for consoles.

Lastly, we’ve seen a lot of discussion surrounding the Chat functionality on console. We designed the game to be the best experience on each platform you play, for console, the primary way for players to communicate is through native voice chat on their platform. So, we’re not making any changes on that front, but we’ll continue to monitor that feedback to see if it remains a prevalent area of concern for our players. If so, we’ll explore making changes or adding more functionality to the in-game chat system post-launch.

So we need to be heard EVERY SINGLE DAY.

POST ABOUT CHAT AND LOBBIES EVERY SINGLE DAY.

CRY ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

it’s the only way to get it.

13 Likes

Agree.

WE NEED LOBBIES AND CHAT

Give us the functionality that we had 2 decades ago!!! This game is currently 1/100 as enjoyable as it was years ago. You are killing us

6 Likes

i agree. lobbies and custom games are required in diablo 2

how else can we trade for specific items or follow baal runs?

we need to be able to be able to make games like “gul for shako” and things like that

3 Likes

I agree as soon as people stop talking about lobbies and chat is the day we really lose.

3 Likes

Holy s**t these guys are crazy.
Looks like they dont play console games.
Even Gran Turismo has built in text chat with virtual keyboard and custom lobbies. AND IT IS A RACING GAME - there is no need for communication but they still implemented it…
Console version of D2 is lost… it could have been a nice game…

3 Likes

Yea, let’s hope they don’t forget about this after they hopefully fix the issue of not being able to log into the game

2 Likes

You know. Now that I am revisiting this post, what a crap job by the developers….

If they really said that, you’re telling me this outfit justifies doing a crap job- and possibly leaving it- if enough people don’t complain?

Seriously? You only do things the proper way if people complain?

2 Likes

The other day I was actually able to connect AND find another player using the party finder, which was an unexpected treat.

Thing is, he was using the might aura as a hammerdin, and i felt a little bad for him. But naturally I stayed silent, because why would I want to be able to communicate ideas with another player I just met in game?

Clearly I was supposed to go to the home screen, search their user name, and start a party to voice chat with them, just to be able to say “you should be using concentration aura as a hammerdin” before resuming our gameplay in silence.

3 Likes

The purposeful omission of the in game chat, was a crime against this game. It’s a total shame. The developers have killed this franchise

3 Likes

overwatch has it too and it’s a blizzard game lol

diablo 2 arguably needs text chat wayyyyyy more than overwatch

2 Likes

wow… They are just totally incompetent… They expect us to memorize or right down some dudes name, then exit out of the game to the home screen, go to search ppl in the “friends” section, look up that person and their weird name, then wait for their profile to load, then send them a message, or party chat invite, or friend request, whatever… So they literally think sitting in a game blindly for like 5 mins or so to set things up to talk to someone works good enough? bit please…

Not to mention, if that user has settings blocked for msging, then 5 minutes wasted trying to communicate…

By the way, no, local mic use is not commonly used at all for like a decade now. We dont want to TALK to ppl, we want to TEXT ppl, you nimrods…

3 Likes

Sure. Let’s voice chat. I can listen to the background noise of you getting high or having your mom yell at you that your hot pocket is ready, and you can listen to my kids’ crying. WTF, who asked for this?

If this isn’t just a rationalization for their incompetence or laziness (which it is), then Blizzard is completely out of touch. So we’re instead supposed to believe that they didn’t know that their prime demographic for this game are people who played the original 20 years ago - aka middle-age ADULTS - who generally don’t have the time or patience to listen to strangers ramble on voice chat all day?

2 Likes

Oh… wow, just thinking on this more. Can you imagine if for any other multiplayer game (like FF14), the developers said:

“Although you all have been using text to coordinate your gameplay for all these year, we just got out of a meeting with the Bobs, and they pointed out that we could remove that feature and save 5 bucks and mostly get away with it by pointing out that consoles have native voice-chat?”

It’s the same damn thing: D2 isn’t a new title. We expected to play it the same way we had been, but instead they decided, nope, in our expert opinion of what you want, you’d have much more Fun™ listening to people’s profanities.

Actually, never mind, I’ll use voice chat, but only if the Blizzard devs will join me for one of my games. I’ve got some choice profanities of my own to use.

2 Likes

Yeah I dont use voice chat in any game these days tbh. First off, whats the point when most ppl dont (unlike years ago when most did on console). Second, your all welcome you arent subjugated to hear my kids yell all day lol.

2 Likes

so they say that voice chat is a staple of the platform, but dont include an in game voice chat system or an ability to interact with other people in game to add them to a private party… brilliant.

1 Like

It’s such a flimsy excuse for not adding it, but maybe they really believe that logic. I can’t tell – Blizzard, are you really that stupid or did you think we are?

1 Like

i agree with everyone here, i have been refusing to even consider playing with any randoms cuz of no ingame text chat system, i used to be a classic player on the classic game like 20 or so years ago, im bout to turn 29 now in a couple days, but anyways, bottom line is, im now on ps4, playing a game i used to love oh so much, on ps4 now, and it doesn’t have the 1 thing i feel made D2 feel like D2 to me, the lobbies and text chat, and chat was a huge deal bk in the okd days of D2, and on console there is none? welp guess im stuck with playing with my brother or alone until ir if they ever add it ;-;

2 Likes

Icy not exactly true about having to write down their name. On Xbox you can click their name from the in game party box and go right to their Xbox profile and friend or invite to Xbox party. I should say “ use your brain” like you said to me in one of my topics.:crazy_face: If you are on PS or Switch then I don’t know about those. Xbox also has clubs built into the OS for trading and communication that players made that is also helpful. So I guess Xbox maybe the better console while D2 is lacking these features. Even if they would let us customize the in game emote wheel to better stuff would be helpful. I don’t need crap like “ bag is full” , etc.

1 Like

I agree. Make D2 great again!

2 Likes

It’s already 2023 - I’m surprised blizzard haven’t taken any action in that regard just yet - I got 4 friends just waiting for this feature to purchase the game and get back to grinding sanctuary!

C’mon Blizzard, you can do better than that, hear us out !!!

1 Like