Impale or Jab for physical dmg?

Hi,

I am leveling up a hybrid Amazon with the Titans in main using LFury and a
+3bow+20IAS bow on switch with Freezing Arrow to add cold damage to the mix. I am planning to add the third damage, probably for Titans and I am looking at using either Impale as it adds huge dmg bonus or Jab. The plan is that if something is Lit/Phys immune, I swap to bow and kill it with Freezing Arrow. As Impale and Jab do not have synergies, I can still have very high LFury dmg. So, question is, which one is better: Impale or Jab?

Thanks!

I would probably go with Jab. I’m not sure if its still true but Impale was an interruptible skill with a slow animation (you could get interrupted by dodging an attack I think). Jab is not interruptible the same way.

Alternatively if you’re working around immunities have you considered putting a few more points into the poison skills in the javelin tree? Or maybe grabbing guiding arrow or multishot in the bow/crossbow tree?

1 Like

Yes, impale is too slow and van be interrupted, i would not consider impale, jab would be a better choice.

1 Like

Javelin is my main weapon, so LFury (CStrike for single target) and it looks like Jab are going to be my main skills to use. Bow is just there for lit/phys immunes. I already put 20 pts on Freezing arrow and something like 10 pts on Cold arrow (to get some extra 12% bonus) and right now it has around 1k cold damage. I will have no remaining pts on other Bow skills, but once again, Bow is just a final resort.

I managed to get a non-eth, average dmg Titans that was tested in Hell Cows yesterday. At lvl74 LFury is still epic, although I only have something like +7-8 skills from gear. I have 1 pts up to Charged Strike, so I had a 1 pointer Jab and it looked okay(ish). I also put couple of pts on CStrike due to single target usage.

Altogether I will need at least 8-10 more levels and some upgraded gears before this Amazon can truly shine, also my Merc is just…meeh…:smiley: But I think it is a very versatile build and hopefuly couple of pts on Jab will do the trick (if I even need more than 1 pts on it).