I'm bored, advice me please :D

And not the monster ? The monster scale from your level?

If you plan on playing to NM only then Java should do splendidly - she will need pots though.
Other decent one would be a Smiter/Zelot.
That way if you decide to do Hell in future you will have 2 very decent chars. Jav for farm pal for Ubers.
Both are very chill chars too, although Java may struggle a bit on P8 in the beginning.

1 Like

Come to the forums and cry for changes, D2 is very boring in 2021 that’s just how it is.

no, monsters only scale based on number of players. what I am saying is you don’t base where you should be leveling based on area level. the importance of area level is merely to show players where they should farm for certain items to drop. alvl 85 is the most important areas in the game.

again, forget about p8 and forget about alvl. just find a way to get to hell and solo it first on p1. and pretty much ANYTHING is better than a summon druid. trust me. otherwise you’re going to hate playing in hell.

1 Like

The levels apply more to a melee class than a caster. I have a Zealot at lvl 72 and I’m just starting to think of hitting Hell…I’d rather have a source of can not be frozen without giving up 30 resists all through…Being over-leveled for an area can help deal with the AR issues melee classes deal with.

On my trapper I started Hell Countess farming at lvl 65, I was lvl 78 before I bothered taking her to Act 2, more because I didn’t realize what level she was than it being an issue to move on.

Re: Merc dying…this is a tactics issue, you need to find a better way to keep him from running to his death. On a Trapper you mind blast the group surrounding him. On a Sorc you telly to re-position him. On a Necy you cast your clay golem to agro…well my necy’s merc is too dam lazy to get mobbed and killed, he’s never in the fight anyways.

2 Likes

Yeah that is what someone explained to me. I was with my WW barb in act 4 NM, and didn’t touch a thing. I was 52 and the area was 56 i think.

If it doesn’t apply to a caster then it’s a good think.

just to be clear Rondel wasn’t saying area levels apply more to melee, he was referring to character level… area level has nothing to do with melee vs caster, you just need to recognize how you’re doing visually.

for your barb did you have ww maxed out, the proper mastery (sword/axe/polearm/etc), battle orders, etc…?

1 Like

AR is the main issue with physical attackers right now, if the monsters in the area are higher level than you, you have less chance to hit them. Similarly if you are higher level than them you have a better chance to hit them. The Area level is a quick guide you can use to get a rough idea of what level the monsters in the area are.

Spells suffer no such issue, they always hit and do the listed damage. My traps at the start of Hell always did 1-19XX damage no matter what. This is why it’s always easier to start with a caster rather than a physical attacker. You use the caster to get the gear to help your physical attackers survive…

edit: Yes Guitar is right, the idea is not strictly area level, its your character level in relation to the monster level.

3 Likes

yes i had 20 WW, 20 polearm and the reste of the point in the 2 order i needed. But when i reach the lvl 56, it was ok though.

So trapsin, good idea though? never tried it a lot, i stopped at lvl 40 something.

well that is an issue in itself, polearms suck for WW. it makes your WW speed painfully slow. axe or sword are the way to go…

trapsin is a meta build and one of top PvP builds.

Thanks for your advice all.

I’ll try a trapsin then, and see how it goes.

If i can make video in the future i’ll post them :smiley:

Thanks all for your advice.

1 Like

look at this guy, he is using very cheap budget gear. you should easily be able to replicate this and solo hell…

1 Like

LOL,

I’m on it. I didn’t thought that could play that fast, and i just saw that makes explosion too so there is a way to get away from lightning immunity.

I’ll start it right now :smiley:

steam has some good sales - go look

Meh, nothing interessed me. I already have tons of games and lots of new one are bugged throught the bone so.

corpse explosion from death sentry is decent but most of his non-lightning damage comes fire blast + merc (who is using Insight…)

1 Like

the summons suck extremely bad
basically all a necro needs is powerful merc and 1-4 dead bodies with amp damage curse

summons are just stupid meat shields playing thumb wrestle with your enemies until your merc comes up and stabs them then yells out Blow the Fuse Boss

2 Likes

i got far cry primal and divinity 1

Lit immunities aren’t that big an issue. I max Fire Blast which packs a really nice punch maxed out. Death Sentry will take them out if you don’t get them with Fire Blast.

I run Hell Countess with her a lot so the main Lit Immune I deal with is rouge archers. I generally Cloak of Shadows to shut them off, fireblast them and move on. The most interesting area is A3 Hell where all the flayers are lit Immune. For this you need to slow down, fire blast a few then DS will take everything out. It actually was the most interesting part of using the trapper as you need to go slow and not over agro things.

Re: video - Most trappers will tell you to use a 4+1 approach on your traps, 4 lit sentry and 1 DS. This is because Lit sentry does roughly double the damage of DS. DS clears the room for you. I generally don’t use DS as liberally when there are Lit Immune around. I save some bodies in case I need to run the Lit Immune over the bodies and DS them.

1 Like

LOL,

I’m so dumb that i didn’t try the fire trap 1st when i tried the assassin before.

1 fire trap wreck everything on the screen, it’s amazing. Thanks for the tip though, i should have read more about trapsin before coming ask for advice