I'm bored, advice me please :D

Hello,

I tried multiple build till lvl 70±.

I play on players 8 for the xp boost and i’m bored.

I try to look at some weird build to do but i didn’t find anything. It’s like since D2R was release, every website advice guide and build which are all the same.
I never saw a weird build…

There are the (most fun for me) chill build, like summoner druid who is awesome for players 8. But i’m a little bored of it. Necro summoner is not good at players 8, skeleton are dumb and CE doesn’t do much damage.

There are the “i need to fill my inventory with mana” build, which i hate. Even with insight you’ll need a bunch of mana potion cause of the cost of your spell.

And of course there are the melee build, which ABSOLUTELY NEED attack rating, and A LOT of it, because you gonna miss so much if you don’t have that, and thus, you’ll not be able to leech and you’ll die.

So, is there another kind of build? I mean, my fav is the 1st kind, the chill kind, i’m here to have fun and chill, but i would try something else if that exist.

I don’t mind not be able to do hell, cause, to be fair, i don’t think i’ll play hell a lot, i don’t like the immunity and all of those dumb thing who stop you from playing the build you enjoy.

So, any advice?

Thanks

EDIT : ho, and yes, don’t advice me D3, i play only with a controller so :wink:

1 Like

if you are only going to level 70 then you’re not really completing any build…

summon nec is one of the strongest solo builds in the game. CE does a ton of damage so i’m not sure where you are coming from…

melee builds do not need crazy attack rating… I am running Fireclaw Werebear + Zealot + WW Barb, none of them have problems hitting monsters. Plus wear Angelic Ammy + Ring if you really insist you need AR.

My favorite non-meta or less popular D2 builds:
Fireclaw Druid
PNova Nec (or PDagger is even more fun ^^)
Liberator Pally
Mage Pally
Zealot/Smiter
Zeal/Enchant Sorc
Werewolf Barb
Hybzon
Hybsin or Ghost
Kicksin
many more to choose from…

as a D2 player you should have 1 level 90+ build that can efficiently farm any area in hell that you want. usually this is a sorc. then you start gearing up towards another character and play him until 90+. and keep in mind you should farm areas best suited for each build, not every build can solo all of hell efficiently.

1 Like

I’d recommend you do Hell, that’s the real challenge. Normal and Nightmare are just levels you blow through to get to the real challenge of the game…Hell.

My Main favorite are Necy Summoner and Trapper. You do need to lower your standards for the summoner and don’t expect the minions to be smart, once you accept they are dumb you won’t be disappointed. Trapper is my speedy lazy char, I just throw traps in a room wait for things to die then come in and loot the place.

I’d more of ask what class you like to play and get the build that can do Hell.

1 Like

Did you just say summoner Druid was awesome for…… anything??? Wut???

As far as easy going builds. Summoner necro which you already mentioned and trap assassin. Lay back and let things kill for you.

As far as melee builds and ar problems just run angelics. Dirt cheap and will eliminate any ar problems.

Want a rarely played fun build? Throw barb. Can actually slap pretty hard and you’ll almost never see another throw barb in a room.

3 Likes

Necro CE in players 8 make ridiculous damage, i tried it multiple time because people always told me that was THE skill to have with the necro. In players 1-3 maybe, but in players 8 it will empty your mana without even killing 1 mob.

I will look at all your build tho, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

lol when I first read that I thought he wrote summon nec xD pretty troll lol…

i remember back in classic d2 there would be quite a number of troll druids spamming bear at the entrance of act 1 >.<

your a2 merc with holy freeze should be using insight if you are a necro…you’ll never run out of mana.

and i hope you know you can use the curses like amplify damage or decrepify on monsters that will make CE do even more damage…

1 Like

Make a test. Create a new druid, players 8 WITHOUT ANYTHING, like you just brought the game.

Build your druid summoner and just enjoy the game. I tried every “meta” build from bottom players 8. The summoner druid was the only one who can achieve NM. Without even d
dying once.

I don’t have angelic, i play offline that’s the problem. Trapsin need a lot and lot of mana, so full inventory mana potion and necro summoner on player 8 is not good, skeleton stuck everywhere anc CE does nearly no damage.

I’ll look at a throwing barb tho, thanks

1 Like

Ah you should play online so you can trade and socialize imho. But if you prefer solo offline to each their own. Whatever you enjoy. Best of luck w whatever build/setup you try next.

1 Like

Yes i know, but have you tried CE in players 8? I mean my lvl 74 necro with 20 point in CE couldn’t kill people in chaos sanctuary NM… (i know the point doesn’t augment the damage tho)

azazel you are smoking crack if you think summon druid is a good build to clear “nightmare” lol… hell is where the barometer is at and is where most of us are farming, pvping, leveling, etc… the meta builds are like any sorc build (especially blizz & lightning), hammerdin, javazon, trap sin, wind druid, ww barb, any nec build…if you build any of them they should make your summon druid a joke lol…

Yes I have a psn and bone necro. In p8 cows once one monster dies all the rest die w 1-2 ce. I dunno what you’re doing wrong. Amplify damage is your friend. Use it and love it :+1:t4:

Well i don’t know, i must be weird cause it’s the only build i could clear NM players 8 without dying. And it was super chill. Not fast, but chill.

You just stun everything while in bear and let your wolf and merc kill everything.

I tried to follow precisely a guide for a sorc, FO/firewall. It was a pain, yes that kill fast, but you also need load of mana (and with controller, when your belt is empty it’s slow to take a potion from your inventory).
Same for hammerdin. Loads and loads of mana, and when you’re in a pack, your life melt like butter.

You must have super mega gear because my necro, even with amp damage, in players 8 did not kill mob with 1-2 shot…

you are playing nightmare dude, let’s get to hell first lol…

and again… INSIGHT. One of the cheapest runewords in the game, you won’t have much mana issues.

and yes, at the beginning of every new season when the majority of players are all building their first MF Sorc, she will burn through a lot of mana. I would keep half my inventory full of mana pots for some big boss fights! and blizz sorc is much better option for noob players.

sorry to say it Azazel, I think you’re just a bit noob and need some major guidance in playing the game. You shouldn’t face tank stuff, you gotta be smart and kite. Many mobs in hell will one shot characters with perfect gear, and again you’re just playing nm… perhaps you should stream your gameplay or record and post on YT?

2 Likes

Trappers can be mana heavy until you get insight, that is easy to get and solves all mana issues. Granted I like my lvl 17 Meditation one over the lvl 12 one but it does the job. If you manage your trap laying as if you needed to chug pots, by the time you get insight you will never think about mana again.

This is the same for CE’ing on a Necy but yes CE’ing a players 8 will take a few more CE’s before the bodies all drop. You need more + to skills and a better setup merc to handle Players 8 hell.

Sounds like a major thing you need is to farm up some runes and get insight. It’s really easy to get.

1 Like

i think part of the problem is why do p8 right now in nightmare… play on p1 until you can start soloing hell easily then add the p8.

2 Likes

That’s an amazing idea lol. I could make some video to better explain myself.

I already have insight on my merc, it’s just that, when your merc is being one shoted when he enter a room full of blue mob in the catacomb, you can say goodbye to your mana and pay back for your merc.
And when you come back, your merc will be stuck in another room too far from you to have the aura :smiley: That happened to me way too much.

Yes, but the xp curve is a real pain. that’s the only reason i play players 8.

I’ll choose a build and stay on it. But not a sorc though, died way too much on mephisto with those little dolls…

your kiting skills or general strategy need a lot of work then… you should either teleport past annoying mobs or your merc should be tanking those for you. mercs getting stuck and not behaving is why for most people sorc is the best starter character until they get enigma on other chars. built in teleport gives so much kiting & movement freedom.

XP curve sucks because you are OVERLEVELED for nightmare. the minimum level to complete hell ancients quest is 60! and yet you are in your 70s within nightmare…smh… at your level you should be soloing early parts of hell easily. just farming the pits in hell you can easily get to level 90 on p1!

2 Likes

Someone send me this on another thread, and i think it’s pretty accurate cause damn, if you’re lower than what they wrote, you have a bad time.

h ttps://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Area_Level

you have misunderstood what area level is. that is not based on or has any relevance on your character level. did you even read the page? area level is all about what items these areas can drop…

1 Like