I would like to have an email exchange with the game design team of Diablo II

Salute to the team that created classics
I hope the email I write can be carefully read by you
Self introduction. I am a hardcore player of Diablo II and have been playing Diablo II since childhood. Since the release of the reset version, I have been live streaming this game since October 2021. That’s right, my current job is to live stream Diablo II. At the same time, I am also one of the Mod authors of Diablo II. I have optimized many online auxiliary functions and new gameplay modes in single player mode, including career balance, skill optimization, equipment attribute creation and optimization, and so on
So my understanding of Diablo 2 is deeper than that of other players. That’s why I am also aware of the shortcomings of Diablo 2, a classic game that has been around for over 20 years, in the current game market. I have many good ideas that I want to share with the official planning team, hoping that these ideas can be realized and make Diablo 2 more interesting. I hope to receive a response from the official team

Here are some current shortcomings of Diablo 2 and my thoughts

Firstly, from a professional perspective
Diablo 2, as a treasure hunting game, should have different professions with their own talents. Obviously, Assassins have undergone a perfect transformation with the help of the new rune language Mosaic, but Druids and Barbarians still need to be developed
I optimized Druids in a single player MOD, and the core issue with Whirlwind skills is that the damage interval is too long, which is not related to casting speed and limits the space for skill damage improvement. I made adjustments in an offline MOD, greatly improving the game experience. The bullet channels of both large and small Whirlwind spells have also been criticized by players. My method is to increase Whirlwind data, and of course, I can also learn from the Whirlwind effect in Diablo 3 to increase the strike range, which must be very cool. Players are definitely willing to try this unpopular character for over 20 years The Flame type skill, Destructive Heaven and Earth, has the problem of having a smaller strike and explosion range, so the usage rate of Element type druids in the Battle.net has always been low. It is a very promising profession. When talking about the Transformation type, Wolf and Bear, the core issue is survival and attack range. The new rune language, Metamorphosis, gives better survival ability, but the attack range of Wolf and Bear is really small, which is completely ineffective compared to other professions. You can try adding new rune language or dark gold equipment to give Wolves and Bears a certain range of splash attacks, and the casting restrictions in the transformation situation prevent the use of teleportation, which is a nightmare
The most iconic Cyclone Slash of the Barbarians, perhaps due to hard code limitations, I have tried many methods to prevent this skill from triggering weapon effects. My original plan was to mimic the Cyclone Barbarians of Diablo 3 and optimize the Bulbasaur weapon set, but the effect was not ideal
Amazon Javelin is already perfect, and Archery is also increasing its collaborative damage. The elemental bows of Ice and Fire can also be equipped with runes or equipment to add a certain scattering or guiding fire sweeping effect. Otherwise, the elemental bow skill is also virtually non-existent and almost impossible to play. Additionally, Archery Amazon hopes to cancel the 4-frame strike interval Let Archery Amazon enter the first tier of the series
I will explain my thoughts on other professions when you reply to your email
The following are some single player gameplay that I have created based on the current rules of Diablo,
In 2022, I created a jewelry cultivation gameplay for gold jewelry. Because gold jewelry is not as effective as blue jewelry, it has almost no value. I created a recycling and smelting mechanism for dark gold equipment, combining melted materials and hero flags to enchant the attributes of bright gold jewelry through CUBE. The mod I created has been experienced by hundreds of players, and they all found this feature very interesting. It effectively utilizes low-level dark gold equipment and enhances the fun of equipment matching
I saw that Diablo 4 has also added tempering and precision. Why not borrow from Diablo 2 and randomly extract affixes from two identical equipment? I created a set attribute extraction in MOD that can be enchanted to Torch and Destruction, but because the space of the Warnet blocks is very small, a material conversion process is required to extract some of the set attributes, which will take effect for the corresponding profession. This increases the fun of treasure hunting and increases the upper limit
In addition, the backpack grid of Diablo 2 does not need to be expanded, and a dedicated space for storing spells can be created. Only by placing the spells in this specific space can the spell attributes be effective, so it will no longer occupy backpack space,
I also found that the maximum number of displayed ground items in Diablo 2 is 32. Many players have reported that in 8-player mode, due to the excessive number of ground items, many item names are automatically hidden. I hope this can increase the maximum number of displayed items
The above is just the tip of the iceberg of my ideas, and there is still a lot waiting for further communication and sharing,
Thank you for reading