I bet a other bad seasson(3) for barb is coming

looking the new runeword and news right now is got nothing promising for barb

whirlwind barbarian are terrible bad after the last whirlwind update ask to 80% to 128% increase ias(all ias from your gear is already gone because the increase ias ) making the barbarian stock with ias on all is gear for slower weapon and removing all option too change is gear or you are stuck with a fast same weapon always phase blade , and the legacy two hander whirlwind barbarian is below trash tier :roll_eyes:
now only negative effect add too whirlwind holy freez decrepify ect, but your weapon proc buff are still deny , so to resume very quick barbarian only take the crap , have fun with your barb season 4 , no thank for me bye

1 Like

Hopefully the Blizz. team finally decides to bring back the old wias breakpoints for Whirlwind specifically. But I do understand why a Shapeshifter Druid it is best to go with total ias rather than wias alone for attack frames. It’s not a good idea for a Whirlwind Barbarian through. Everything about Whirlwind needs to be brought back to the way it used to be. Even the Holy Freeze and Decrepify should not slow down Whirlwind as that was how it was back then.

I’m waiting for the whole list of new runewords myself. We still need more low to mid gear options to make the Barbarian more viable for gameplay. Sure we see speedruns and these fancy tricks to beat the game up to Hell difficulty with them. But relying on the other derivatives is not the way to do. The character itself needs more viability.

these dev team just kill 2 handed with so so much ias requirement ,this is a big nerf because compare to put damage on your gear , you need to put ias and are stuck with ias gear , also the barb class dont offer ias passive skill tree ,compare the druid wolf , also on the top 2 handed drop too 5 frame vs 4 before , this just expose the pure lack of knowlege from the dev team , killing legacy build that already underperforming vs other build , on the top all slower weapon 0 and+10 base weapon have a 80% to 128% increase ias, these dev team are just a big 0 and i have 0 hope for the future. season 3 prove my claim and this will be repeat for season 4 , i have 0 hope, will see soon

2 Likes

Yeah the Barbarian needs a new skill to give it some sort of ias boost imo along with small damage and ar mods worth a 1 point wonder. It would be nice to replace Increased Stamina with such a skill. I would also like to see the 2h Whirlwind Barbarian get a huge buff myself. Also Bash, Concentrate, and Berserk need to be lowered to 7 frames. This game turned into a huge caster fest since patch 1.11 and melee was never taken into account. It’s about time to give Barbarian’s a huge buff.

1 Like

personaly i think this will be way more simple to let alone the 22 year old ias table and dont touch anything there everything working fine there . and just add ias from the gear too make ww more weapon friendly , compare too the point he are today , what a waste.

Yeah I would love to see WW get a boost to damage/AR or a skill that boosted IAS/AR globally (but I guess we already have that as mysteries, so maybe just re-work the numbers?) - Flat AR boost may complement the skill and mastery % AR boosts in a fun way. IAS I think something should be done about 2H, chill, and decrep speed issues, but IAS from Highlords and LoH being helpful to WW is kinda cool, so it would be nice if we could end up with a “best of both worlds” situation there since WW definitely can use help regardless. I could also see going back to the WIAS only method for WW since that would potentially open up more gear slots (although the %dmg to Demons and DS from LoH/Highlords will be tough to beat regardless)

I’d like to see 3 passive skills added to combat tree

1. +Attack Rating %
  2. Block Chance when wielding 2-handers (like assassin get for claws)
  3. Reduce Strength Requirements for gear

First one would help with damage, second would help compensate for the opportunity cost for not equipping anything off-hand, third would make it easier to equip 2-handers and heavy armor.

1 Like
  1. Yes. Barbarian’s need more AR
  2. No. Barbarian’s have good amounts of life.
  3. Why? Again Barbarian’s have an overkill in life.

I think the Barbarian needs more damage boost on all there damage skills. Masteries should have some sort of mod that relates to the weapon. Weapons Masteries:

Blade Mastery- Add some OW%
Axe Mastery- Change CS% to DS%
Mace Mastery- Add some CB%
Spear Mastery- Base AR% starts out higher and every point adds more AR%
Polearm Mastery- Add some wIAS%
Throw Mastery- I think the correct changes were already made

2 Likes