Hybrid Build Question

My build will have +16 to Summon Skills due to +Skills, are the summons viable with only one hard Point? Also related but I was thinking of changing from Armageddon Wolf to Hurricane Wolf, thoughts?

If all you invest is 1 hard point the summons will be viable strictly as meat shields especially if you invest in heart of the oak.If you invest in How they’ll still work as punching bags for the ennemies but in hell you’ll probably have to revive them more often.This only works if you raise your summons levels with +skill items. I would at the very least get them to level 10, ideally more. This is not hard to do if you have unique items granting + skills or runewords such as heart of the oak, although finding runes can be a real challenge.

Armagedon vs hurricane depends on what you want .

Armagedon deals more damage and has both physical and fire damage but doesn’t hit ennemies reliably.

On the other hand Hurricane is not only a more reliable AOE, but it also slows your ennemies down so it offers better crowd control. The main downsides however are the dmg being lower than armageddon if I’m not mistaken but beyond that,
Cold immunities are for the most part either very difficult or impossible to break even with an infinity runeword whereas fire immunities are more often breakable.

It all depends on your playstyle, the gear you’ll get ( infinity?, plague? , phoenix? ) and if you’d rather just avoid immunities rather than try to break them.
Since you’re playing as a werewolf I assume your main source of dmg is physical so you just have to decide what kind of “support dmg” you want between armgdn and cane.
One of them is better at crowd control and hitting targets, while the other has better dmg overall and can bypass immunities more easily if you have the right gear.

The summons arent viable to begin with so especially with 1 point in them you will find yourself never bothering to summon them. Bear might be able to tank a few hits but what is 1 more body. Cold wolf was much more popular then fire wolf in old d2 but I’ve not had a chance to see whats different. Probably cold still better as you actually hit things instead of praying you hit things.

I have less all skills and the summons were more than viable, but only as meatshield. Fire elemental skills are about pure power (not against Baal, but everything else), however Armageddon dont hit as often and sometimes Volcano is also not reliable. You need to use Volcano, Molten and Armageddon to have good enough damage.