Hustle needs a damage boost

The current enchanced damage on Hustle is way too low.
Hustle is very similar to Harmony, which also cost a ko + some low runes. Harmony gives 200-275% ED with some decent elemental damages. I think Hustle should at least have the same amount of ED, if not more. Ko is not that easy to find and most players probably won’t find it until late NM, having a higher ED means you can at least use it as a main weapon well into hell. Otherwise it purely become a pre-buff stick but really annoying to use.

2 Likes

What Hustle needs is a name change.

:eyes:

5 Likes

Haste is not meant to be used as a weapon. It’s more of a stat stick you use to prebuff yourself. I am not liking this mechanic :frowning:

This was the suggestion. Also recommended adding physical damage to Bulwark:

The new meta is running around with an inventory full of prebuff gear so that you pause what you are doing and rebuff ever 2 to 3 minutes. It will be so engaging and fun!

1 Like

Bro, I hear you. I saw the same videos as you did. I’m like “let me get my BO barb, my enchantress and prebuff my toons” lol. This is getting out of hand. If this is the route they are going for, at least make the skill higher level so it lasts longer. I hate going back to town to reset the buff and store my gear in my chest.

A simple change in duration would be enough. Even level 2 BOS is absurd, would be equivalent to level 7 Fant IAS and level 6 Vigor

Yea this ruins hustle and nobody would use it

Care to elaborate on why you think higher damage, usable in eth bases, -enemy defense, and deadly strike equate to a worse mid tier weapon?

We are talking about 1.95x(low rolls) to 2.1x(high rolls) weapon damage between the two.

Because the whole point of hustle is to not use it and to buff slow weapon bases to reach their highest atk speed break point.

They nerfed werebears so now that they are capped at 6 fpa even with a crazy high level maul and conveniently a lvl 9 BoS allows bears to reach 6 frames with most 2h weapons.

Yea, its shiite that hustle is made to fix what they broke but its obvious why its the way it is.

Good look up warren’s calc for yourself. A lot of slower bases need that 9 BoS to reach their final breakpoint.

Oh so the entire purpose of the weapon is to act as a buff stick? Got it!

Let’s not worry about introducing any actual usable weapons for mid tier.

You shouldn’t be asking for a buff stick to address this issue. There is a clear need for weapon reitemization and the IAS tables need to be adjusted to address the game design fumbles the developers made in previous patches.

Developers went from “we want make QOL changes” to “you should carry an inventory of prebuff gear to make your non-caster build work” :rofl:

We know they aint good enough to do any of that.

How bout this: keep bos at 9 and im good with whatever else.

Itll be the equivalent of spirit for melee imo

Doesn’t matter what I want, developers will push through whatever they please.

Only 1 more patch to go after this. Then D4 releases and support for this game becomes even worse.

It doesn’t even come close to Spirit. Base weapon damage is garbage for normal and exceptional weapons…

And that is without addressing hit chance and block… :rofl:

Mods my guy. Also They will cycle the season to last until d4 then i bet they will have staggered ladders so players can hop between both.

Game needs tcp/ip support…

1 Like

Too bad it’ll never happen officially. :frowning:

Good thing they removed it for “security reasons” right? :rofl:

We’re just gonna have to wait for that Phrozen Keep project that would allow backporting D2R assets to original D2 to get multiplayer mods with D2R graphics, or wait for more dubious methods to pop up eventually…

Of course not :rofl:

Pretty much this.

1 Like

I don’t think Hustle needs to exist in the first place. It was intended to be a mid-game item, and I don’t think people need help in the middle game.

It’s true some classes have trouble in the first areas of hell mode on starter characters…but that’s only due to bad rng. Like, they got the poop end of the stick when they were leveling. They’ll just have to shlog through it. It’s what I do when I get bad RNG.

If anything, they could give Harmony to melee weapons… That would make more sense than Hustle.

reminds me of the time I made a classic HC single player elebowazon…as one does. I CHUGGED mana pots… constantly. My bow was absolute trash. And it was pretty much impossible to get past act2 in Hell. I got stuck in the maggot lair, with those fast AF lightning bugs. They owned my Valk and there was no way I could kill them quick enough before they rammed into me. It’s funny that there are some classes that are literally impossible to play in classic.

Except without hustle 99% of weapons are trash compared to grief.

With hustle most weapons still arent strong as grief but at least the ias gap is closed by it.

The only actual use for this one is melee sorc, holy shock pal, or merc unless its available on bows.

Change CtC to +1 or 1-4lvl

Remove 50frw and Add Vigor + 20-30 Tele charges with auto recharde per 1sec.