How to trade on Switch

I have searched and searched. Tried every possible word combination asking what button to press to actually perform a trade in the switch.

All I get is pages and pages of explanations about sites to hook up to trade.

NO!!!

All I want to know is how to accept a trade from someone who is trying to give me something.

Normally, one would merely ask in-game what button to press, but as we all know that is impossible on the Switch (or any console).

So I am taking up cyberspace to ask a stupid question.

Talk to another player. Accept with Ok. Place item(s) in window. Click check mark in window on upper left hand corner to light green. Both clicked from both players. Transaction complete.

Don’t worry about asking any types of questions. There are many people here willing to help. Just not all of us check the forums at all times.

Well, DUH! A check mark.

Thank you very much. I have always said there is no such thing as a stupid question, until now.

But when once a year or so someone is trying to be polite and give you something (rather than drop it on the ground where a random person can grab it and sell it), it seems impolite to waste their time clicking all the buttons (to no avail, obviously).

What I should have asked, as well, is where is the information located that tells you that?

I almost think I may remember the check mark, but thinking because it is in the normal “close this window” position, that it would inform the person you aren’t interested in the item, and they wouldn’t even drop it on the ground.

Fortunately, in both instances, they just dropped it on the ground. And in both instances it turned out to be a really helpful item.

Thanks again, and for your courtesy as well. Maybe it will save someone else from having to ask.

I was in your seat until somebody made a trade and a green check popped up. Just figured it out that way. No search or google links.

Once in a blue moon i get disconnected. I would advise not to drop items if this happens to you.

Let’s all get better than dumbdown others right? Some forum users spread negative than positive. I’ll help as much as I know.

Lol the check mark! I think what this boils down to is common sense

Thank you, Graphic, for stepping right up to provide a shining example of the negative.

Literally just look at your screen, and hover your reticle over stuff, find out what it does.

Not rocket science, friend.

Thanks, Trashmouthman, for yet another shining example of forum compassion.

Since Callisto was kind enough to answer without the condescension, I’m not sure why any further non-response was necessary.

However, to appease your concern over my inability to find things on my own — I was able to determine that there is not only a check mark at the top for the offering item(s), there is (GASP!,) another check mark at the bottom for the accepting party. Whodathot, eh?

It’s not my fault you can’t use your own eyeballs.

Blaming others for your ineptitude…so sad.

Yeah, I didn’t mean to be negative but I’m sorry you took it that away. It’s common sense. One trade box and checkmark for other players, and one trade box and checkmark for you. Glad you figured it out though

Well, it’s nice to know there is that one person on the forum (Callisto) who can merely answer a simple question instead of holding the asker to task for having the effrontery to ask.

Thanks, Callisto.

Sorry if I misunderstood, Graphic.

I’ve seen your responses before, and expect no less, Trashmouth.

Actually, I guess misspoke. I expect no better.

1 Like

Lol I’m not calling you names, old man. It’s common sense, get over it already.

Hmm. Don’t see where I called you names, Graphic, but I did apologize for misunderstanding your comment.

On the other hand common sense isn’t always as common as those who already know the answer would have one believe.

Anyway, yer all so cute when you’re acting superior.

Self-reliance just isn’t something you’re familiar with, are you, Starloser?