How to play D2R in 19:9 Aspect Ratio on normal Monitor - GUIDE

I remember a lot of negative backlash against ultra-wide monitor support in D2R, and due to PVM Monster-Agro-Range issues it obviously had to be toned down. However, I think a lot of people don’t know this, but you can play D2R and other games in “ultra-wide” on a regular 16:9 monitor.

D2R can be played in 19:9 Aspect Ratio, but what if you don’t have a ultra-wide monitor? What if you have a 16:9 monitor like most people?

You can turn your 16:9 monitor into any aspect ratio you want, without the need for a ultra-wide monitor.

If you have an Nvidia GPU and use the standard Nvidia GPU Drivers aka Game-Ready Drivers, you can create a custom-resolutions and run any game in this custom resolution.

All you need is this:

• Custom-Resolution Support via GPU Driver such as Nvidia and also AMD I believe

• Custom-Resolution-capable Monitor (which every modern monitor probably can do)

I have been playing D2R on my standard 16:9 monitor since launch and have been using a custom-resolution to get the maximum possible aspect ratio which is 19:9, simply by running a custom resolution that is smaller than my max possible monitor resolution, and just aligns with a 19:9 aspect ratio.

• My Monitor has a native resolution of 2560x1440 which is a 16:9 aspect ratio.

• I created a custom resolution of 2560x1240 and just run my desktop on that resolution. The game just adjusts itself to this new resolution and I get to play D2R in “ultra-widescreen” on my 16:9 monitor without the need for a ultra-wide monitor.

For Path of Exile, I use an even smaller second number to get even more side-view, but for the purpose of D2R, a 2560x1240 resolution reaches the maximum possible aspect ratio on a 2560x1440 monitor.

Depending on your monitor resolution and aspect ratio, a different resolution needs to be generated to get the maximum possible aspect ratio of 19:9. You need to experiment with this depending on your monitor.

I hope this helps some of you that didn’t know about this, to be able to enjoy D2R even more with the maximum possible Aspect Ratio without the need for a Ultra-Wide monitor.

Nvidia has resize feature that is a bit more organic to work also, that wouldn’t hurt your monitor or have distortions like the custom ones. They would put black bars on the rest of the screen and you would have native resolution but with less horizontal or vertical pixels and the game would adjust for those available pixels.

I quoted those stuff when folks complained about uw and stuff, is not about resolution itself is that the game works really weirdly both on widescreen but also up 19:9 several times you can see the pattern if you know where to look at.

You can do similar, but less friendly on amd gpu also but using the same perk as custom resolution from nvidia. Not sure about Intel gpu tho.