How to loot directly into your cube

Reply to this post so more people see how its done. Thanks!

Hope a visual helps as much as explaining it through text.

All you have to do is cast any spell then pick up the item and open your inventory right after.
This even works casting a tp as you can see at the end of the video.

Have fun!

4 Likes

Ok it’s a thing. You are correct.

Doesn’t look like you can do that 100% of the time and how much “time” are you saving?

It saves you from loot ninjas online…but you could also just drop and swap when they leave.

A trick. Perhaps not a technique. :thinking:

sure, im messing up, but thats because im trying to show that you can do it with every spell.

trying to cast a spell with R1 then Circle and then holding L2+Triangle all on the fly is why.

i usually just use square for my main spell and pick up items with that spell. works all the time

Don’t do this this will mess up the belt auto fill…
It happened with me…

hasnt happened to me.

do u mean pressing R3 to autofill or square to buy?
R3 autofill has been breaking since launch. i usually throw all my pots and belt on the floor and the autofill works fine after that. starting a new game also works.

This is game changing, more people need to see this topic. I still think Blizzard needs to fix this, but this work around works exactly the way he describes it. It’s actually easier than in looks in the video posted. He messes up a lot in the video, but there is actually a room for error, so it works the majority of the time.

1 Like

This is indeed a game changer if you’re a min/maxer who would like to play the game as you’ve always played it - filling up your inventory with stats.

Honestly, this should happen automatically: If your inventory is full and you try to pick something up, the item should still get “picked up” > toss or open inventory to place in cube or be able to swap it with another item.

1 Like

WOW! I was wondering if console players are gonna get the shyte end of the stick again, and effectively have less inventory slots by not being able to loot-to-cube.

Thanks for sharing!!

(Yes, I agree there should be official support for this, and not having to rely on glitches)

Could easily just send anything to cube that is too large for remaining inventory space.
There are a lot of things they could do if they cared and/or listened to those who essentially test this product for hundreds of hours, each.

We would still run in to the same problem when you we try to pick up the next item, and now the cube is full too.

The best solution would be to have the inventory take up only half the screen like it does on pc

4 Likes

Bingo. not sure why they didn’t just make everything like the PC, but with controller. Smh…

2 Likes

Because the Mouse and Keyboard is vastly different than a controller.

Which I could describe in autistic detail on a point by point bases if you wish. :grin:

They haven’t even done anything unique with the controller, it is so bare bones minimal, I’m about to hop on path of exile when the season resets, look at how many quality of life updates that game has for free. I certainly won’t be checking out ladder with how things are right now, still dying in load screens, still 30+ second between acts, path of exile runs smoother then ever right now.

1 Like

bringing this back to the top

The timing seems similar to the duping glitch for d3. Nice vid

wonder if people are taking advantage of this or are already fine with leaving the cube in stash instead.

I’m currently using it lol. However, it doesn’t seem to work in legacy mode. Curious.

nice. definitely comes in handy being able to check loot in your cube without having to drop items to get it in there

This is why I’d really like an option to bind the classic inventory screens to a button so you dont need to use a concoluted string of inputs to do what you can do on PC.

(and even better, to just have a button you can press that will pick an item from the ground and put it in the cube if you have one- even PC would benefit from this, since you have to open the inventory first to be able to do that)

It should be defaulted to pick up loot and fill the next empty slot even if it’s the cube.

Similar to how identification should always apply to items in the cube

Sadly this trick is not working for my paladin.