How to increase the longevity of D2 drastically

1. Tone down pally and sorc.

2. Add a new difficulty level, it can still have the same loot tables as Hell but you’ll get a 75-100% boost to MF.

3. Add 1 new high rune that can only be found in the new difficulty.

4. Rebalance the rare uniques to make them worth seeking.

5. Maybe add a few new Uber-esque events

Bam! Endgame for years.

how would toning down pally and sorc increase the longevity? if anything, it will do the opposite

The prevalence of paladins and sorceresses doesn’t necessarily mean they’re overpowered or in need of weakening. If anything, it speaks to the need of buffing or balancing across other classes to create a sense of equity. Sorcs and pallys are fun and efficient farmers, but their domination provides little fulfillment and really only serve as my foragers.

The only bullet here that really resonates with me is a rebalancing of unique items. I love runes and rune words, but I’ve effectively removed 90% of my MF from characters because, with the exception of items that cannot be socketed, runewords have killed uniques and sets.

A new difficulty could be neat, but it’d have to be something like the original LoD where players could opt for it. I would not like a new difficulty imposed upon me without choice.

How bout just stop complaining

2 Likes

Oooh I like this!

Rebalancing of set and uniques would be very exciting!

You know what else would be appreciated? Ever see how a weapon has “15% to cast level 16 firestorm on striking”?

What if they made these mods fully synergized? Or synergized based on character level!

Because let’s face it, at level 16, firestorm is purely a visual effect
That ain’t doing ANY damage lmao.
Would be exciting to find items like this!
Imagine the firestorm from a hells torch actually clearing the path in front of you, or heavily denting anything caught in it.