I do SSF this season and I have a fury druid, originally built to be able to kill DClone and now I got some good stuff, but need some insights from more experienced players how to further improve it.
- Weapon: Upped, non-eth Ribcracker (with a “29% edmg, 26% dmg to undead” jewel), 315-472 dmg.
- Armor: Duress in Dusk.
- Pelt: 2 Druid, 26 life, 10% FHR, fire res 23% (no Jalal yet).
- Crafted gloves: 2%life/3%mana leech, 9%cb, 11str, 20life.
- Boots: 10%FHR, lit res 35%, fire res 24%.
- Ring1: 104AR, fire res 26%.
- Ring2: 68AR, 8%life steal, cold res 30%.
- Belt: 24%FHR, tri res, 50 life
- Amu: 2 druid, all res 18
- Weapon2: Baranars for immunes with Rhyme, but I usually play with a friend, so phys immunes are not a big problem and when I play alone I can farm areas without Phys immune (Hell already done).
Charms: nothing too crazy, mostly res/life/AR, 11/17 anni, no torch yet.
Runes: 1 Vex, 1 Gul, 1 Ist, 1 Lem, 3 Fal and a few similar level runes at my friend.
Life: 1739 in ww form.
Resists: f/l/c: 75, p: 69.
Merc: act 2 blessed aim, Tal Rasha helm, non-eth Guardians Angel, Obedience in eth Tresher.
Str: base 203 (needed as I used Windhammer before I found the Ribc.)
Dex: base 117 (needed as I did not have enough AR)
Vita: base 165 (technically the “rest” after str/AR requirement)
Reset: 1 remained in Hell, no tokens yet.
Skills: 20 WW, 20 Lyc, 20 Fury, 20 Heart of W., 12 (so the remaining) Feral Rage.
New possible gear:
- Just got an eth, 5sox Decapitator. Already have a Vex and a Gul and so the first obvious question: would it be a good idea to make Death in it, or now that I have a Ribc. would it be just a waste of runes?
- I have a 5 sox, non-eth Thunder maul, but I think the Decap would out dps it, especially that I dont have runes above Vex.
- I tried Werebear at the beginning. I have a 3 werebear, 2 rabies 3sox pelt with Ground rw. Shall I go back to bear or remain wolf?
- I have a few other bases, like non eth, 4 sox Tresher and similar quality armor.
- I have a 8%mana/5% life steal amu with 17%cold res and 8% for the others, but no skill in it.
- Few other AR/leach rings, nothing too crazy again.
- The old Shaeled non-eth Windhammer (219% edmg, so quite low roll), but the Ribc. feels significantly better.
Once again, I do SSF usually alone or with a friend of mine, so we dont trade for these characters. The only allowed thing is to do a few Baal runs in public, but only for exp and not allowed to pick up stuff.
How should I improve this char? Should I reset for a better skill allocation? Should I make the Death in the Decap.? Should I stay or should I g…ops, that is something else…
Currently the damage is okay. Due to the life steal I very quickly can recover health, although sometimes I still die. I am not too experienced with melee, this is why I could use an extra pair of eyes on this.
Thanks in advance!
Update 14th April:
As no comment came in, I decided to make the Death rw in the Decap (358% edmg, so mid roll). Now the attack speed loss is very noticable, although my single target damage is still higher.
I think the next step is to try to get a Laying of Hands and maybe to make a Hustle rw in an armor. However, it means I will loose the Open Wounds / Prev. M. Heal from Duress, plus I will loose a good amount of cold resist. So, maybe at this point I will need to keep two different gear setup. One for mf-ing and one for DClone/Ubers. Or I will still need to use the secondary weapon options Malice rw for DClone.