How long before a fix?

Its only been 2 days since I have been unable to play D2R, but what would a ‘reasonable’ timeframe be for a fix of this importance? days/weeks/months even?

I guess it all depends on how much damage has been done to the game’s code.

Thanks.

Right there with you. I am upset they pushed the new update out, and it seems they did it without any testing. I have been trying to play since Wednesday, and there has been nothing from them about it.

It would have been more acceptable if they gave us the ‘option’ to upgrade our game, instead of forcing it.

I have been playing D2R since its release, and this is the only time EVER I have had launch/crash issues.

What fix? - blizzard 2026

I think it’s a Battle.net server issue. Why hasn’t Blizzard made any announcements when the outage is so serious?

Its been 8 days now and still nothing regarding a patch/fix.

(What on earth did they do to the game?)

I am not sure what specific issue you are having. I would guess it is either the bug with the game launch errors/crashing, or the graphics being broken.

The current work around for the crashing is to un-install and then re-install the game. Do NOT click play until it is totally done installing, even if it says you can. Others have had some success copy pasting over PTR files.

If you still can’t play I highly recommend you refund it while you are within the refund window. Policy allows refunds for games within 14 days of purchase as long as you don’t play more than 2 hours.

To do that you would use the ticket system and there is an automated refund system as a first step. Any qualifying purchases are quickly refunded to you. If that does not work, you would submit a ticket for more help and a GM manual review.

For what it’s worth, I submitted a refund request and it was summarily denied and I was told to “submit a ticket”. I have done that, and it’s had no response for 3 days.

Yep. Ive done everything from diagnosing to reinstalling the client and all drivers. Game is still constantly doing spike freezes

Well its been 9 days now and i’m still no better off. Still getting CTDs shortly after the character selection screen.

I have tried many things already, but still no luck.

How are you guys faring?

Oddly enough I bought the steam version and it works perfectly fine on the same pc… so it’s really strange.

Meanwhile I tried everything on the battlenet side, reinstalling, nuking all files, using PTR files, everything. Reinstalling again as we speak.

EDIT: Finally I got it to work, what helped was deleting the %programdata% > Blizzard Entertainment > Battle.net > Cache folder while battle.net was closed. Please give it a try.