How does %Enhanced damage work?

Hey all,

How does %Enhanced damage work?

For example… Say my weapon has %200 enhanced damage, my gloves add %60 enhanced damage, and my skill adds %200 damage. How is it all added up?

Is it just the base weapon damage + %460?

Does anyone have the formula?

Thanks!

1 Like

Like this:

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Enhanced_Damage

Nothing on that link explains what i was asking.

1 Like

Yes it does.

The bonuses add together and then multiply the minimum and maximum.

Try reading comprehension. I understand it is a useful skill to max.

2 Likes

Okay so any % Enhanced Damage is all added together and then multiplied by the base weapons min/max damages? It doesnt matter if its from the gloves or weapon or skill. Cool cool, thanks.

I think you have to many points into sarcasm, but i forgive you, and i appreciate your help.

2 Likes

Correct. ED is additive, it all adds up. So every little bit counts, but the higher you go, the less impact you see. It’s the nature of diminishing returns on Additive stats.

So as an example, 20% ED on a level 20 character with no ED will have much more of an impact then on a character with 1000%ed. In the first case you’re getting 20% extra damage then you had before, in the second case your only getting .02% increase then you had before.

1 Like

ED on a weapon and Off weapon Ed are not the same you don’t take all your ED ad it up and then multiply.
(Base Dmg * (Ethereal Bonus + 100%) * (Weapon ED + 100%) + Flat Dmg Bonus) * (Off-Weapon ED + 100%) + Elemental Damage
That is the formula you are looking for. So 300% ED from Fortitude is not the same as 300% ED on your weapon.

2 Likes

So in an example, you have:
Base Dmg = 24 ([ Berserker Axe](min. dmg)
Ethereal Bonus = 50% (50% for ethereal, 0% for non-ethereal)
Weapon ED = 400% (BotD; a superior weapon bonus ED would be added here, so 415 for a perfect superior in this example)
Flat Dmg Bonus = 0 (this would be things like Griefs +dmg or the max dmg on Windforce
Off-Weapon ED = 485% (Fortitude + Frenzy); this includes ED from items other than your weapon as well as ED from skills or auras)
Elemental Damage = 0

So ultimately, in this example you get:
(24 * 150% * 500% + 0) * 585% + 0 = 1053 final minimum damage

Though this particular example also isn’t covering a full realistic scenario because you also get at least some additional ED from your char’s str or dex. That stat-ED would be added to the Off-Weapon ED.

3 Likes

Nicely explained! 202020

It’s not as simple as that. %enhanced damage added to the weapon, adds directly to the base damage of the weapon, and that gives most damage.

%enhanced damage in other gear, works like enhanced damage from skills, so if you have %200 from Frenzy for example, and put a 40% jewel in helmet, it’s like 240%, and it doesn’t give a huge boost. But if you put an Ohm rune in the weapon, the weapon damage increases, and then the skills and ed jewels and Fortitude Armor, use that new weapon damage to calculate, and you get a higher number. So first the game calculates the weapon, and comes up with a number. Then it uses that number to do the rest of the calculations.

1 Like