How do I rename my offline guy?

I just read this and now I am not happy as both my online and offline use same name.

can I rename one of them and be safe? One is druid the other is sorc. I dont want to lose what i have so far as my guys are both 30+ with some nice stuff

Download Hero Editor, you can load the save and go to the “stats” page and rename them for offline characters.

Don’t mess with anything else if you want your character to be legit.

No need to mess with a special editor.

Go to your saved game folder. Rename all the associated files with a new name. There should be a .ctl, .key, .d2s, and several .ma* files with your character’s name. Just rename them all to your new character name.

1 Like

Renaming the files does not change the character’s name in-game. The character selection screen shows the new name, but the old name is retained while in-game (eg. in the character page). Is that normal?

Thanks.

Ye I can confirm renaming files does nothing other than renaming character in login screen. In game it stays as it was prior to renaming. Anyone has a tip for this ?

Yes, make char in old D2, use hero editor to make char you want, transfer safe file.

There are multiple files for each character gotta rename all of them

Ye that doesnt work.