Houston, we have a problem

Bigly problem bliz pls fix

1 Like

If blizz don’t fix, an entire class will be banned from any kind of competitive pvp and no one will want to bother with them in public games

MrLlama expanded on this issue as well. I have added his video link at the top.

They simply need to disable pvp. Problem solved.

What would that achieve?

No offense but this isn’t believable with just two demos of hacked characters in single player. Especially the llama guy who went and hit monsters, you could see 90% of the swings connected but did 0 damage, seems like they just hacked up a client side only graphical glitch that isn’t having any in game effect even in hacked games. They need to reproduce this on realm with proof that it isn’t client side.

To be fair, everything breaks pvp in this game. That’s why there are a dozen rules against various things.

Did you watch the video? This is all recorded on battle.net

I think d2 pvp is funny in that regards. It’s the kind of game that just can’t be balanced PVM / PVP. Every major update only changed the dominant classes.

Bowzon and barbs ruled supreme before LoD, now it’s sorc / necro. Chargedins always been broken, but I do recall Fist of Heaven paladins being crazy strong in D2 legacy

1 Like

Ah yes, battle.net where every character has 10K hp and mp, has infinite skill points, and you access the servers by clearly clicking over to the offline tab of your character list.

Sorry bud, you fell for clickbait.

if you watch past 20 seconds, I use a build achieving the same speed on battle.net using 80 ias w/ GT and level 16 burst of speed

1 Like

I myself think that this is great, are we sure this is not a quality of life because the way I see it, basically it says that IAS continues to work instead of just stopping 100% after a certain point, or am I missing something other than “It’s different, change it back!!!” mentality?

Yes the animation looks broken but what do you expect its a game running on a game that used to have like a 20-30 (cant recall what the cap was back then) FPS cap and is now hitting 120+fps? You speed a turtle video up to super speed its going to look odd to…

From the video (in duels past 20seconds) you can see with that IAS your target never finishes their FHR animation aka they cannot do anything.
PVP is pinacle of D2engame espec TvT. This and removal of WSG breaks it.

It doesnt matter how it looks only that it FHR locks your target beyond what was ever possible in legacy.

Every speed attribute had hard caps → IAS, FHR, FBR, FCR.
It is needed to maintain game balance.

This is probably causing other problems too.

One I can think of off the top of my head is minotaurs. How much you wanna bet the busted IAS cap is what is causing frenzied minotaurs to not play a swinging animation and annihilate any characters next to them? Their attack speed is literally “off the charts”.

The minotaur issue is a real obvious candidate for a side effect of this issue. I wonder how many subtle side effects there are of this bug that we haven’t thought of?

2 Likes

Yea, you mean Deathlords.
Yes they go super sayan once they charge Frenzy. Broken level of attack speed hence insane DPS.
At first I though it was server lag it was not.

1 Like

hc duels are boring anyway no decent gears at all

1 Like

pvp is what kept d2 alive for all these years

then why did you post you muppet

1 Like

Yeah permanent death highest stakes possible so boring!

/s

you clearly don’t know anything about decent pvp characters then obviously D2R PvP [ALPHA] - Necro vs Hammerdin - YouTube